• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab 3, 10.1 Network Problem

jcbhydro

Lurker
Aug 15, 2014
UK
Good Evening,

My Tab 3 communicates with my router and the internet without problem. However, it does not recognize the other items on my network which consists of an ethernet connected pc and a laptop & printer connected by wireless. The Tablet prints to Canon Printer only using Canon Easy Photo-print, but not from my email system or other print routines.

Strangely, my router manager software sees the android Tablet and other network devices but not vice versa.

Any suggsetions to solve this anomaly would be gratefully received.

jcbhydro

Hi there, jcbhydro. Welcome to Android Forums! :)

I've moved this to the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 board where fellow owners may be able to help.

Meanwhile, giving us a little more information may be helpful.

Is your device rooted?

Have you tried a file manager on the Tab 3--one that supports networks? Something like File Manager. If so, do you see your networked devices in its list?

What operating system(s) are your computers running?

Reactions: jcbhydro
Upvote 0
Many thanks for your prompt response to my query.
I have downloaded File Manager as suggested and have done a few Network scans. They show my router, my ethernet connected PC, my wireless laptop but not my Canon, wireless connected printer. That exception obviously is unacceptable, but what does one do to correct it?

In answer to your query, my PC OS is WinXP and my laptop Win7.
The 'Hub Manager' software on my PC recognizes the wireless printer as 'unknown' but with the correct IP address. The PC and the laptop happily print to the Canon and identify it with its precise identity, ie Canon MG3250.

You ask is my device 'rooted'. I don't understand that term!

Does 'File manager' have a Users Guide?
The WiFi section of the tablet settings page recognizes every router in the neighbourhood so why doesn't it see components on the local network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones