Galaxy Tab Case RecommendationsAccessories

1. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member

First off I have to say I love my Galaxy Tab, it's utterly brilliant. That being said I want to take it with me when I travel, but I don't want to do so until I get a decent case. I was wondering if anyone here has a particular case that they are using that they can recommend. I am looking for something that folds closed like a book, so as to protect the screen when I put it in my messenger bag. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Uzza

Uzza Well-Known Member

Picked up the nook case at walmart...

Great price..Good fit.
    binaryhellstorm likes this.
  3. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Wow, really? I'm going to have to try this...
  4. jasonaward

jasonaward Member

Yeah, many of the Nook and Kindle cases fit the Tab perfectly... and there's a wide selection of them.
  5. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

THe Nook, Kindle and Galaxy Tab are almost the exact same size. I was surprised when I held them all together. This is a definite plus for us as we have that much more accessories available for us
  6. shaggles

shaggles Member

I bought one of this. You can use it as case or as bag. Quality is great and just 29 bucks. Perfect for me. (I'm one of those who carry their tab with them all the time as their phone :p )

The Galaxy Tab Bag

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Afront

Afront Well-Known Member

For about
  8. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

9. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Its pretty inovative with the way the front cover bends in 45 degree angles to allow it to lay back in landscape mode. I also like the style of portrait mode since its the closest thing to holding it bare. I will probably buy this one too. I currently have a VZW pouch style and im affraid of droping it everytime i remove it.
  10. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. I bought a folding case from the Verizon store and it was pretty crappy. The case just felt, cheap, the flaps we flimsy and the opening for the screen was too small, I was constantly having to push the tablet further into the case so I wasn't blocking the screen.

But I found a replacement one that so far I love! The SGA50GB by Platinum
    Platinum Series - Folio Case for Samsung P1000 Tablet - Black - SGA50GB

This case is very solid, and durable, the front cover magnatically clasps to keep it closed, and overall it just looks and feels great. The only issue I have had so far is that I have to adjust the tablet in the case in order to get the dock connector to fit all the way. I may just end up snipping the bottom strap to fix this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ziffos, Tech Addiction and Sonic77 like this.
  11. That70sGAdawg

That70sGAdawg Member

That's the one I got at Best Buy- holding up well so far...
  12. Sonic77

Sonic77 Active Member

Love the look of that Bestbuy Platinum Folio case, thanks for posting about it.

Too bad it looks like Bestbuy Canada does not sell them.

A member was kind enough to try and get me one looking forward to it :)
  13. Roper

Roper Member

I recently bought this agenda style case at a Samsung only store in Muscat, Oman while i was there on holiday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess it will be available worldwide soon. Its a good one, real leather, feels really solid. The best part is that i paid only 9,- Omani Rial, that's only $22,- or
  14. Tech Addiction

Is the insert that the Tab snaps into Plastic or something else?
  15. Roper

Roper Member

You slide the tab into a frame. The frame is plastic i think, but could be metal also. The frame is covered in soft (probably fake) leather. This material also prevents it sliding out, works very well i have to say. No risk damaging your device.
  16. dsb9938

dsb9938 Well-Known Member Developer

I'm sorry, I usually don't get so excited about things like this, but I absolutely love the Otterbox case. You can only get it through Verizon right now, Otterbox won't sell it till Verizon lets them, but it is amazing. Best money I ever spent.
  17. USCellularAndroid

USCellularAndroid Well-Known Member

Otterbox case! - its on backorder, but they made one for it
  18. Smary01

Smary01 New Member

I have found these cases on Amazon and eBay. They come in different colors. I bought the black one and recently received it. It is quite nice, it is definitely firm but also flexible, much nicer than my phone case which is regular silicone. I would recommend checking them out if you still haven't gotten one. hope this helps
  19. Smary01

Smary01 New Member

By the way, I hated my otterbox commuter for my blackberry storm. It was bulky and the inside silicone case stretched out and made it hard to press my screen.
  20. cbb77

cbb77 Member

21. Roper

Roper Member

Sorry, i don't have the original packaging anymore and the case itself doesn't show a name (besides samsung). I bought it at the samsung store in the Sabco Centre, located in Qurum. I'll try to send someone to the store to ask for the model number, i'll let you know ;)
  22. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Ask him to obtain as much information as possible. It looks a cracking good case which I for one would love to obtain. :)
  23. sarcasmic

sarcasmic Active Member

I have a dream... A galaxy tab case where the tab is completely functional without taking it out (in other words, gaps/openings for the screens and buttons), and a kickstand, and a pouch on the back just large enough for a phone with a 4.3" screen.
  24. Tech Addiction

You could probably take the one I posted above and have an upolstery shop sew a cell phone pocket to the back... otherwise it meets all of your dreams. ;)