• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My friend has purchased a Samsun galaxy 10.1 off someone. They don't want to use the sim card or any providers. She was just going to do wifi. The issue she is having she is trying to download apps but it isnt letting her. The mobile setting that every wheres tells me to go is greyed out. We have tried a few things but nothing is seeming to work. If anyone knows of anything I would love some help

I would perform a factory reset of the device so that any settings, files, or apps from the previous owner are removed completely from the system. Open Settings, then in the Personal section, select Back up and reset. Under Personal data press Factory data reset. Press the Reset device button that will show up and follow the on screen instructions. After the reset you will need to log on with (or create) your own Google account. You should be able to access the Play store and set up the device with any app you like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones