Galaxy Tab to Cost Between $200 and $400 for the US?

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Throughout Europe the Samsung Galaxy Tab has been getting priced a bit higher than what many had hoped. Just check the entry for the Tab now up on Amazon.de.

Advertisement
  2. robphelan

robphelan Well-Known Member

3. Boodies

Boodies Well-Known Member

actually i would disagree. I still think there is a HUGE HUGE market for a device like this. And the price is right. Two great combinations.

4. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I don't get why anybody would want a "tablet" like these - Android based or an iMaxiPad.

They are oversized iPod touches/underpowered laptops. Just buy an Android phone and you already have everything a Droid tablet can do. Then buy a laptop when you need to do real work, watch movies, etc on the go.

5. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

You just stated "why" some of us want a mid-sized all-n-one device.

I don't want to buy 2 or 3 or 4 devices (phone, MP3, GPS, netbook, etc), I want to buy one and carry one and only one.

In regards to price, if they really plan to sell 10M of them, they are going to have to be highly subsidized or they won't sell. Pricing between $200-300 with potential discounts via Wal-Mart, Wirefly, Best Buy will bring them closer to their goals.

Wall Street Pricing Quotes

6. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Doomed to be a total and utter failure IF they try and force people to pay into this!

10 million sales? I would be surprised IF they get 1 million sales. The only way they will get near 10 million is by offering it at around

7. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I don't need to travel with multiple devices.

My phone call be used as an MP3 player, GPS, netbook, and of course a phone and I don't need to lug around an oversized iPod Touch. If I want to do real work or web browsing I would travel with a laptop.