• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab Wallpaper Question..

tungtle

Lurker
Nov 14, 2010
So two questions.

First would be using custom static wallpapers, for some reason, no matter how high of the resolution of the picture, when I apply it, its blurry/unclear.. Yet the original image on my PC is crisp, any reason for that? I can't seem to figure it out, ive even tried full 8mp photos to see what happens, and same outcome.

Second is the live wallpapers, does anyone know where I can get the one thats like a grey grid with colored squares running through both horizontally and vertically. I saw some video on the Tab (I believe a overseas UK version) running it. (It's the same live wallpaper Nexus One has).

BTW: I'm using a Verizon Branded Tab

I have the same problem. I took an insanely high resolution picture of Lightning Farron from FFXIII, desaturated it, and got mega pumped to set her as my wallpaper. Even at like 5000x6000, the image came in as looking jaggy and low res.

Blew my freaking mind honestly, because in the gallery the picture looks sharp as hell. I think it has to do with the formatting issue of spanning multiple home screens. I am going to see if I can find the resolution of one of the built in wallpapers, and see if matching that solves the problem.

Will report back soon.

EDIT:

http://www.hutsby.net/2010/12/galaxy-tab-wallpaper-template.html

And just like that, our problem is solved. Kind of.

Upvote 0
Is the live wallpaper VR Tunnel maybe?
So two questions.

First would be using custom static wallpapers, for some reason, no matter how high of the resolution of the picture, when I apply it, its blurry/unclear.. Yet the original image on my PC is crisp, any reason for that? I can't seem to figure it out, ive even tried full 8mp photos to see what happens, and same outcome.

Second is the live wallpapers, does anyone know where I can get the one thats like a grey grid with colored squares running through both horizontally and vertically. I saw some video on the Tab (I believe a overseas UK version) running it. (It's the same live wallpaper Nexus One has).

BTW: I'm using a Verizon Branded Tab

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones