Galaxy Tablet 10.1 Not available at Best Buy

1. jcrossno

jcrossno New Member

So, I ordered one on Amazon June 8th (still waiting for it to actually ship... today, I hope. This morning I thought I would cruise over to the local Best Buy and maybe pick one up and cancel my Amazon order. Guess what folks? The store didn't have a single one. They said they might get them later this month, try ordering online maybe.

So, what was the point of the big launch on the 8th, with NATIONWIDE availability on the 17th, and all this marketing hoopla BS with Best Buy, if they aren't even going to have them in the stores? What a load of [take your pick]. There was a nice Xoom display, and of course they have the huge fruit stand selling iPads, but nada for the Galaxy.

Out of curiosity I checked on the Best Buy site again. You can order, but still can't do a pick up in the store (of course, they don't have them in the stores). And when I looked at availability, there wasn't a store within about 300 miles of me that had one. That was as far as the list would go.

Anyone else have a different experience? Sure glad I pre-ordered one. Won't have it until Monday though. It's too bad Amazon didn't ship early, like TigerDirect and maybe some others.

Advertisement
    :
  2. reiththestud

reiththestud Well-Known Member

Nothing at the Silverdale, WA BB, Costco, or Radioshack. What exactly is Sammy's angle here? There's a reason Apple outsells everyone else: Mindshare
  3. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

I picked up a 16 gb at best buy in Delaware today
  4. jcrossno

jcrossno New Member

Sounds like Best Buy is really sporadic on availability. Shows a problem with their supply chain management perhaps? After my original posting I noticed that one of the stores in my 300 mile radius had some manner of the tablet. MIssoula MT of all places.
  5. techrider62

It looks like just about every best buy in my area has them in stock both 16 and 32's
  6. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Stopped by my local Best Buy this afternoon and found nothing.
  7. techrider62

That sucks.
  8. misslobster

misslobster New Member

best buy gets these shipments through ups, directly from the manufacturer. probably not bby's fault that they are not available at many stores yet.
  9. Dukefrukem

Dukefrukem Active Member

Posting on mine now which i got at best buy. Returning it tomorrow.
  10. techrider62

Never mind
  11. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Pre-ordered mine in the store last weekend. Stopped in this morning at 11, they said they had not received them yet. Stopped by after work and walked out with my 16GB. Posting from it now.
  12. jamesk84

jamesk84 Well-Known Member

13. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

Ordered mine through Amazon...still waiting for shipping notification. Just checked Newegg....they have the 16GB model in stock.

~Bil