• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy vs Droid X

I stopped by a Verizon store today, and they had a Droid X there. I got to play iwith it a bit.

I'm currently planning on an At&T Captivate. Decided to see what I thought about the size of phones. My focuse was on how well I could use the screen keyboard, and browse.

I played with an HTC Aria for a bit. Decided pretty quickly it was too small.

Then I got to the Droid at Verizon. Definitely better to browse on that screen. I tried my first attempt at Swype, and even on that larger screen, I found it difficult to use, because you need to be able to see the keys you are moving to in order to use it, and even though I have small hands, it seemed quite difficult. Of course, i understand you just need to ge tused to it.

The X did not seem so large,, seeing it in person.

I definitely like the physical buttons, including for the camera.

Even though I have not seen any version of the SGS yet, I am thinking I still lean toward that. Interested in the Super Amoled screen. That is the main driving factor for me at the moment. Of course, another driving factor for me is I would have to change carriers to get a Droid X.

Upvote 0
I dunno what's all the hungup about the lack of a flash. Samsung gave us all something much much better, a NIGHT MODE that works! For those who gripe about the lack of flash, you should look at a photo taken using night mode. I challenge anyone to take a better picture using flash. So quit all the complains about the lack of flash.

Upvote 0
in addition there is no flash which regardless of me hardly using it on my n1, I think it shows lack of insight on samsungs part. plus it seems like the sgs will come to at&t 2 months after it comes tmobile and verizon, so its harder for me to wait.

You dont need a flash!!!

If you take a look at the sample photos with the "night mode" feature turned on the camera, you'll understand why Samsung didnt bother to put a flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones