Galaxy won't turn onSupport

Last Updated:

1. AmyM

AmyM New Member

I went to use my tablet today and it won't come on. I've had it since Christmas and have been using it without any problems. Can anyone help me, please? It's been plugged in so I know it's been charged. I used it earlier today but now I can't. :confused:

Advertisement
    katkry410, umarsatti, matey and 3 others like this.
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Amy,
    What you need to do is press and hold the power button whilst at the same time touching the screen (you may have to wait up to 30 seconds as it clears the system).
    You will then notice the battery indicator pops up.
    The Tablet will then reboot .
    Everything goes back to normal.

If that fails to work ~ Connect the power cable and repeat the above steps.
    dan55, funmax, JannieM and 59 others like this.
  3. Abanna

Abanna New Member

Hi Amy,

I tried your soltuion and my problem still there, my galaxy won't loading the logon screen (as windows corrupted and required loading CD), can you help please
  4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by 'required loading CD'. What loading CD are you referring to?
  5. ROTENTANNA

ROTENTANNA New Member

I had the same issue with my tab shutting off and not wanting to turn back on... I used your advice and it worked!! Thank you!:D
  6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem...
    If you think it deserves a 'Thank You' please add to my list.
    As the Sig says, all Thank You votes go to charity. :)
    Racquel and jbh00jh like this.
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

9. J3batDerhaka

J3batDerhaka New Member

when i turn on my tab, the first screen is galaxy tab and then it stuck at samsung welcome screen. it vibrate a bit but not booting up. i tried like Beards advice but won't work. any suggestion?
  10. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Do you have access to the two button Recovery Mode?
  11. nathuddin

nathuddin New Member

I had the same issue with my tab shutting off and not wanting to turn back on... I used your advice and it not working. can anybody help me please....i use it only one day and i dont know how to resolve it.
  12. nathuddin

nathuddin New Member

I had the same issue with my tab shutting off and not wanting to turn back on... I used your advice and it not working. can anybody help me please...it new buy .i use it only one day and i dont know how to resolve it
  13. aminavril

aminavril New Member

God bless you. I was so angry and upset. You save me. Thanks. I registered here just for writing this comment. Thanks.
  14. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Very pleased you found it of benefit... and welcome to the forum. :)
  15. fadnajem

fadnajem New Member

What is the problem, It happening always with me, I cannot turn on my tab... is a software failure or what? is there anu software update???
  16. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Have you tried the method I explained earlier?
  17. ukyfan

ukyfan Member

I just got my tab a few days ago, and I had it sitting here on my desk at work. I decided to download an app from the market, and it wouldn’t start up. Needless to say I was starting to get really ticked as to why it lock up after only 5 days. Anyway I saw this post and tried it, and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!
    But I am curious as to why this happens? From what I can tell just from this thread it seems like it is pretty common with this tab. And any way to keep it from happening in the future?

Oh, and yes I did thank your post ;)
  18. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

19. astanton

astanton Member

Dearest Beards! Thank God for the forum and for your splendid advice :'} !!! I have had occasional problems with my beloved tablet ("Ralph") sometimes not working with my home wifi. Per a past suggestion from someone on this forum, I usually have been able to get thinks working again by going to the Allshare application and telling it to find the connection (even though I don't use or ...blush...really understand what Allshare is for?!).

Tonight, the wifi wasn't happening so I called up Allshare but suddenly Ralph just passed out !...I tried to keep down the panic while repeatedly stabbing at his tiny on/off button...then finally plugged him in, sort of an IV procedure for lack of anything better to do. Oddly, I had checked the battery shortly before that and it was at 62%, but the sudden shut-down seemed pretty much like when I've accidentally unplugged my laptop at home and it passes out rather than dying completely.

Luckily, I remembered you'all are here and within a few clicks, found your advice, tried it and...it worked, much to my very happy surprise!! Yes, I cradled Ralphie in my left hand, applying CPR as you instructed and ... the little battery icon came up...I'll just let him sleep tonight and recharge, but I know he'd say thank you too. Seriously, I depend on the little guy and would have been upset had I had to go to bed not knowing what was going on -- thank you all for being there and you in particular, Beards, for your smarts and your kindness in sharing them. PS, I did click 'thank you' as well for your record-keeping needs ;'].
  20. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem astanton... Just pleased it all worked out fine for 'Ralph'.
    In my daily profession I am a snr consultant surgeon so it's nice to know the surgery has passed on to our technological hardware friends as well.

Thanks also for the vote of thanks.... More funds for the charity. :)
  21. CssGuy

CssGuy New Member

Thank you , thank you Mr Beard! That fixed my 'droid I just got yesterday!:)
  22. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem... pleased it worked out for you.

Please consider a vote of 'Thanks' as all votes go to charity. :)
  23. TabLover

TabLover New Member

Beards advice worked just as he described. I was so disappointed when this happened to my Taband thought Tab life as I knew it was over so quickly. I've had the tab about a month and this "won't turn on" was recent and out of the blue. Samsung online chat help was totally useless, this helped my issue perfectly. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I've been talking this thing up to people so much and was going to be upset if I had to start telling them it was a piece of junk. Hopefully Samsung comes up with a fix to what seems to be a common problem.

Thanks Beards!!
  24. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

No problem... and thanks for the vote of thanks.
  25. bruzzer

bruzzer New Member

Excellent, worked for me. Thanks