1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Galaxy won't turn onSupport

1. My Tab got a black screen this morning and wouldn't turn on. I tried the holding the powerbutton and touching thr screen and it worked! Thanks for the good info.
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Good to hear.
    Please leave a vote of thanks if you feel it deserves it.
    My nurses love going to my wallet for each new vote. :)
    snctln likes this.
  3. snctln

snctln Member

Just wanted to say it worked for me too, thanks.

It is an AT&T tab that my work owns, was glad to get it working again and not get chewed out. Thanks again!
  4. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Wonderful news..... and many thanks for the vote.
    Just checked my wallet, I need some more cash for tomorrow as the girls will no doubt have checked my Thanks status. :)
    sanja likes this.
  5. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

The method isn't working for me. My girlfriend uses the tab and hadn't used it for about 2 weeks. Plugged it up because I figured it was dead after 2 weeks of no use. Well it won't turn on. Tried your method and no dice.
  6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Plug it in and leave it for 24hrs.
    Come back the following day and un-plug and try again.
    If it still does not work plug it back in again and try the method one final time only this time whilst plugged in.
  7. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I finally ended up sending mine in to Samsung for repair Beards, not because if this although it certainly did it several times. I kep timing out every time I tried to do anything that accessed the internet. This would happen whether I had 2 bar or 5 and even if I did a master reset (several times) and did nothing more than sign in with my gmail account. Changing SIM cards didn't help either. Just could never consistently access data. I get the thing back today I'm happy to say because I missed it terribly. Hopefully all will be well in my Tab world now. ;)
  8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

FIngers crossed for you Connie. x
  9. clitrenta

I'll get back to you tonight on that one. You never know how important something is to you until you don't have it. :rolleyes:
  10. clitrenta

Hey Beards, got my Tab last night and everything worked fine EXCEPT I had a hell of a time downloading ANYTHING from the Market either over 3G or WiFi. Even with my other problems, I could always download over my WiFi. It took me the better part of the night just getting everything and I'm still missing a few things because they WON'T download. It'll say Download Failed or just won't do anything at all. WHAT is going on with that? Once downloaded, everything works great. :confused:
  11. clitrenta

Update: Turns out that the update for Market was causing all my problems. Uninstalled that and we were good (thank God). Everyone beware.
  12. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Nice one Connie.
    Hope all is now well with your Tab. :)
  13. clitrenta

All is well in the Tab world once again but I always seem to lose stuff when this happens. :( Oh well, the important stuff is all there. :cool:

I sure did miss it. I was somewhat surprised how much it became a part of my life.
  14. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

That's the trouble with tech gear... it has a habit of creeping up on you and before you know it you have a household full of stuff

... and you simply do not want to know just how much I have laying around for my good wife to moan at. :)
  15. clitrenta

I don't have a "lot" of stuff but what I do have, everyone always makes fun of me over. They just don't get it. :p Technology is JOY! :D
  16. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that...:D
  17. clitrenta

Hey Beards, I went over into the Galaxy Tab Owners group and not much there so I'm trying to get that thing going if you want to lend a hand. Any other Tab users out there, please join the Tab social group in this forum. Lets get things going! :D
  18. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Connie,
    Do you have a link?
    I'm just about to go into theatre and don't have the time to search.
    I won't be available for the next several hours.
  19. clitrenta

20. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

21. tucker16

tucker16 New Member

prior to reading this blog i did try to press the power button and the screen at the same time, but i guess i wasnt doing it long enough for it to work. THANKS for this info!
    sanja likes this.
  22. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

My pleasure and welcome to the forum. :)
  23. clitrenta

Also found out that one of the HD Wallpaper apps I downloaded would actually turn my tab off and cause all kinds of issues. Are there any apps actually made for the Tab? I keep my eyes open but....

Got things running reasonably well now but I'd like to see more developers taking advantage of Tab's form factor.
  24. VET2264

VET2264 New Member

thank you my almost new galaxy tab just went dead and I did what you recomended an wow you saved my day Thank you
  25. qtpy1908

qtpy1908 New Member

Your solution worked for me. I created an ID just to say THANK YOU for your assistance! You are awesome!