• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Y (GT-S3560) Wi-Fi problems when powering off/restarting the phone

_BuZ_

Lurker
Jul 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a quite confusing issue with my Galaxy Y which results in me having to keep turning the Wi-Fi on every time I power off/restart the phone via the power button.

Here is screenshots:

Powering off screen (as you see I have the Wi-Fi turned on, but look CAREFULLY at the next screenshot):
SC20140102_163959.png

Restarted and waiting to begin using it (Wi-Fi is always turned off when powering off/restarting, but it never used to do this before the latest update for the phone came through):
SC20140102_164414.png

Have I tried re-flashing the stock ROM for my phone?

YES!

I've re-installed the stock ROM numerous times using "Odin3 v1.85" and the CSC, PDA and PHONE .tar files (with only 2 boxes ticked, e.g. "Auto-Reboot" and "F-Time Reset"). I've left everything else blank and unticked.

Hoping someone has experienced the same issue and/or able to solve my issue. Although I have been thinking it may be a problem with the Wi-Fi chip in the phone itself.

King regards and thank you in advance,

BuZ!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones