• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy y keep rebooting

Hi, i have read other problem regarding the galaxy y won't start, that it keep rebooting with the samsung logo appears on and on. However, i did not find any solution. My problem is slightly different. My son was playing game, my phone memory was full, i have not delete app to make more space, suddenly it opened the internet browser, though i am sure my son did not do it, because i tried to gt out to main menu and it went to main menu but then i was unable to click anything, and it keep opening browser and said no connection (i have no data plan anyway), then i tried rebooting it, thus my problem, it keep rebooting. And at one moment it says if i want to install a modified os i should hit volume up if i don't hit volume down. I have not install any os modifying app though. Then it keep rebooting for hours.

Anyone can help?

Many thanks

Hi, i have read other problem regarding the galaxy y won't start, that it keep rebooting with the samsung logo appears on and on. However, i did not find any solution. My problem is slightly different. My son was playing game, my phone memory was full, i have not delete app to make more space, suddenly it opened the internet browser, though i am sure my son did not do it, because i tried to gt out to main menu and it went to main menu but then i was unable to click anything, and it keep opening browser and said no connection (i have no data plan anyway), then i tried rebooting it, thus my problem, it keep rebooting. And at one moment it says if i want to install a modified os i should hit volume up if i don't hit volume down. I have not install any os modifying app though. Then it keep rebooting for hours.

Anyone can help?

Many thanks

Just go to my profile and go to my topics u will sre how to flash ur sgy using odin dis will help.. for sure :))
that problem is called bootloop :)

Upvote 0
as long as u can go to stock recovery pls dnt do a flash via odin.

you can go to recovery by pressing volume up, power button ang home button at the same time... in recovery just do a wipe data/ reset (use volume keys to scroll and home button to select cuz touchscreens wont work). then press yes. and reboot system.

flashing via odin will be ur last option. thats if u cant access recovery or u have softbricked ur device.

Upvote 0
Hello :D. I need help. im currently having the same problem but i think it may have been the effect of me trying to open the internal memory and replace the samsung anim.
My galaxy y keeps restarting ( samsung anim over and over ). i wanted to replace the anim so i used ES explorer but unfortunately i moved all the files under system/media and in to system of the internal phone memory. I think i might have moved some important start up files. please help me :(
thank u

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones