• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Y - no notification's sounds any more

Gansenhaut

Lurker
Sep 29, 2013
Hi,

The configuration :
GMail version 2.3.5
Skype version 4.0.0.2082
Android version 2.2 - 2.3 (Froyo - Gingerbread)
Hangout version 1.2.018 (849105-30)

I come to this forum after having reviewed several posts in various fora ... in vain. :)

I bought a Smartphone Samsung Galaxy Y in June 2013. The equipment was full operational and requested an update of the Hangout application in replacement toTalk. This took place smoothly and other "automatic" updates of this application occured. At the same period, I installed the available Skype application that proved to be a nightmare as testified by several posts on various fora. :rolleyes:

In the meantime, the notification's sounds for incoming SMS, MMS and Hangouts were activated and successfuly tested .. i.e. a sound was emitted once a new MMS/SMS/Hangout was received. :thinking:

In the meantime, various fora indicated that a migration from Skype to Skype 4.0 solved the Skype's concern. What I did and the Skype concerns were apparently solved. :D

After a while, I observed that any notification's sound was not heard anymore. :thinking:

My actions were :

To review the various fora .... in English, French and German. Noted some similarities in 2012 that apparently were solved by configuring the e-mail agent (I have GMail installed).

I reviewedd all settings (configuration) I'm aware about ...

The Application - Parameters (the "rotary" wheel) Sounds setting;
The "Hangout Notification and Sounds" settings (enabled); and,
Gmail settings does not explicitly address sounds.

All those settings were reviewed and found correct. To note that this only happens with "notification" all other types of sounds (mobile call, musics, etc )are operational. Looks like the volume is permanently set to zero for "notifications".

Any guidance or feedback welcomed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones