• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Y Wi-Fi, a lost cause? :(

Gluon2

Jun 18, 2013
Hey.

My Galaxy Y is Rooted with Clockworkmod.

The Wi-Fi connects, but internet doesn't work. Packet data works fine.

I've tried using every type of security and stuff on the Router, but it still doesn't work.

It seems that if I factory reset it and reroot it, the wifi works fine.. for like two days. Then it just goes back to not working.

What should I do? Should I like.. reset+reroot every two days?

By the way, I don't know if this is related or not but I've uninstalled and frozen a bunch of system apps (like messaging; I use another app for it, Samsung Home; I use a launcher, etc.) Could this affect wifi in any way? If so.. why the 2 day-gap between factory reset and wifi-not-working?

Also: "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." appears every time I reset. What's going on..?

Also.. this is just happening: the Setup Wizard thing crashes and I'm left with nothing but the status bar and a black screen..

Please help me guys! :s

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones