• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Y Young Low on Space

I have 190 MB of total storage. I only have 15 apps in my Android device but my remaining space is only 25.7 MB. This is really weird, since the built in apps shouldn't take much of my internal space. I already tweaked my phone into making the SD Card the main installation path and that made me able to move some apps. But my space keeps decreasing. I haven't installed any apps in a while. Some of my internal apps are:

Easy Task Killer: 3.22 MB (I can't move it, since it malfunctions)
Memory Booster: 516 KB
Prey: 468 KB
IBM Watson Live Wallpaper: 408 KB
Rehotalko TTF: 128 KB
JennaSue TTF: 36 KB
Go Launcher EX: 8.43 MB
Go Power Master: 1.83 MB

I used to have JuiceDefender Ultimate in the internal but since the error appeared I have to move it, though it malfunctions a bit.

The rest are the built in ones. I hate it cause it affects message arrivals. Can anyone help?

I really don't know what you could do except root your phone.
I would totally get rid of those malfunctioning apps for start.
If Juice Defender isn't working like it should, it probably isn't doing the job either, so there's memory right there that you can get back, and then you definitely don't need to keep Easy Task Killer. First of all, by your own admission it malfunctions, and besides that, Android is made where task killers are unnecessary, and in fact not only is it taking up memory that would be better utilized for something else, but it actually hinders the Android performance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones