Gallery-Album art shows up.Support

1. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member

Alright, my problem is that in my gallery every picture from every CD is in there. Is there a way to get the gallery to recognize specific folders or am I doomed to have a cluttered gallery with hundreds of CD covers in it? I just want it to recognize my normal pictures folder, and and 2 other photo apps I have folders. Although I can't figure it out to save my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member

3. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member

I noticed when i was using certain music downloaders they would put pics in my gallery... They sucked anyway so they are gone...
  4. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member

When ur in ur gallery u can long press on anything to bring up the option to delete... Even whole sections..
  5. iDrummer3

iDrummer3 New Member

Sounds like when you add music to your phone you are leaving the album cover JPEG in the folder. Delete all those and download cover art downloader from the market.
  6. smashed

smashed Member

Here is a way - go into each album directory and rename the album cover image to
  7. shann071090

shann071090 Member

okay. this is important and works. Go to your file manager. Where ever there is a picture that you don't want to show up in the gallery, rename the file but keep the original name, just add a period to it. For example AlbumArt ..rename to .AlbumArt and that will hide all files you don't want showing under gallery or even under your file manager. If you go to your file manager, hit settings, and hit show hidden files..you'd be surprised how many hidden files there are from applications.
    electricpete likes this.
  8. fgol

fgol Member

RocketPlayer now supports ignoring the .nomedia file at the top of the music folder tree. This helps resolve the Gallery problem. Glad they added this feature. I'm not associated with RP except as a happy user.

Frank