• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rapidsandroid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
How do I get the Galaxy S3 to remember to only view certain albums when launching Gallery?
I went into Gallery, View By, Content in device, but every time I leave Gallery it returns right back to All Content. I like they integrated Google+ and Facebook photos, but it is annoying when I just want to see my camera shots.
Thanks

Never found a way for Gallery to do it, myself. I use Quick Pic as a replacement for the stock Gallery app. Quick Pic has that functionality. You can hide and exclude folders with pictures you don't want to see.
Thanks, but will hold out to see if someone else has a fix but will look into Quick Pic as an alternative. Just frustrating they have the option in viewing but the phone won't remember my preference.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but will hold out to see if someone else has a fix but will look into Quick Pic as an alternative. Just frustrating they have the option in viewing but the phone won't remember my preference.

You won't find one buddy.. I started a topic like this a while back because of all the "SHARED FOLDERS" my phone picks up, lagging my in phone pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones