• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery App stops working

poppa47

Lurker
Feb 1, 2014
I recently reorganized my gallery pics into albums and deleted unneeded duplicates. Since that project I am unable to send photos to FB, email, etc. Whenever I tap the icon for media an error message pops up and says Unfortuneately Gallery Has Stopped. I tap OK and it closes the app.
I've restarted my phone twice and it didn't seem to clear it up. Should I clear data and cache? Other ideas? This is very frustrating. Thanx!

I recently reorganized my gallery pics into albums and deleted unneeded duplicates. Since that project I am unable to send photos to FB, email, etc. Whenever I tap the icon for media an error message pops up and says Unfortuneately Gallery Has Stopped. I tap OK and it closes the app.
I've restarted my phone twice and it didn't seem to clear it up. Should I clear data and cache? Other ideas? This is very frustrating. Thanx!

You don't have a Galaxy S3 do you?

When they did the 4.3 upgrade, a lot of people had a similar problem. Turns out that if you disable the "Paper Artist" app, it causes issues with the Gallery app.

Long shot, but worth asking.

Upvote 0
i disable it, then when I had this problem I redownloaded it from Google Play and still the gallery didn't work. STumbled on a list of apps I disabled and was able to enable it and gallery is working. Also I had uploaded photos to my computer and when I lost them from the phone when I cleared the media storage as someone suggested, but when I reconnected to my computer to redownload the photos it did it w/o me doing anything! Odd but happy all is working! Thanx!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones