Gallery Disorganised & UntidySupport

1. andygeog

andygeog Active Member

OK, I'm sure this has been asked before but it doesn't seem to have been answered; and with Android technology/apps moving on all the time I thought I'd throw it back out there.

I currently use Smugmug for my 20gb of photos but I am keen to give Picasa a go because, well, it's made by Google and Google are awesome.

I would have thought that the integration of Picasa and Android would be done seamlessly in the stock Gallery but I have gripes with the Gallery in that everytime I install an App that has a lot of images it seems to clutter up my poor Gallery even more, here is a screenshot of about a fifth of my gallery:

[​IMG]

Is there any way to tidy this up so that only my Phone Camera images and selected Picasa albums show up?

If not, what is your Gallery App of choice?

Andy

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Just use a file manager like astro file manager to create a new folder called .nomedia then put whatever you do not want showing up in your gallery in that folder.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Actually, I think any folder that contains a folder (or file of any type) called .nomedia is excluded.
    andygeog and rtb35 like this.
  4. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

I use QuickPic as a gallery replacement app. Much better and doesn't have the mess of the Gallery.
    atmasters and Kibbster like this.
  5. andygeog

andygeog Active Member

Thank God you just said that!

I just added a folder called .nomedia on my SD and wondered why all my pics were not showing up in the gallery!

I've now altered it and placed a .nomedia file in the apps that aren't needed in the gallery.

Much tidier, thanks for your help!
  6. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

SUroot to the rescue once again sorry andy my bad.
  7. Kibbster

Kibbster Well-Known Member

Excellent app, also allows you to hide folders without creating a no media file.
    Thanks, much more reliable than the 3D gallery as well :)
  8. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I have been using Quickpic for some time now and did not even know I could hide files lol thanks for the idea