Gallery image = poor wallpaper....why?Support

Last Updated:

1. mike-evans

mike-evans Active Member This Topic's Starter

On my SGS when I set one of my own gallery pictures as my wallpaper, why does the picture quality of my own wallpaper then look very poor? Also why does the selection box appear when I use my own picture, which does not allow you to use all of the photo? Is this fixed and cannot be changed, or is there a setting I can change to sort it out?

Advertisement
  2. LateNiteMike

LateNiteMike Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing regarding the 'crop' box that only allows a portion of the pic to be displayed as wallpaper. I suspect it has something to do with the resolution of the image. I'm going to use my photo editing software on my PC to reduce the resolution size of a potential wallpaper photo to several different resolution sizes....and then load them onto my SGS and then see which one (size) is best.
    Let's see if we can find a solution to this issue.

Anyone out there have any suggestions ?

krillo likes this.
  3. hsekum

hsekum Well-Known Member

yeah its so irritating cumon samsung its a smart fone its needs to eb smarter then this

4. TCC

TCC Member

5. Darkplek

Darkplek Well-Known Member

Which bit doesn't make sense? :p

Just resize the image to 980 x 800 before you put it on the phone, select it all when cropping, and it looks good.

Better still, don't resize it but only crop it on the pc to that size, without any scaling. Works for me anyway. Obviously if you try to scale an image UP to that size it's going to look crap, but scaling down is no doubt fine...

6. mike-evans

mike-evans Active Member This Topic's Starter

Do you have to install kies to allow you to transfer a photo from PC to phone? Because Iam having a nitemare installing kies on my PC.....when altering the photo resolution on the PC is it just a case of going into the photos properties and altering its resolution, then transfer it onto the phone?

7. SGSI

SGSI Well-Known Member

No you do not need Kies to transfer photos to PC. Set the USB setting as "Mass Storage", connect to PC and then from the notification menu click the USB notification and when asked click "mount". You should then be able to see ur internal and external sd cards as drives on your PC.

8. psychedelic'd

psychedelic'd Member

You know you can expand the selection box when applying a wallpaper right? Just hold down the frame of the box and you can resize it.

9. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

I think the wave had better image quality on the gallery especially when zooming.. or i dunno..

10. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

Ive almost given up on setting wallpaper from my own pictures. I'm to lazy to do any more resizing on my computer.

Now is only use appliction that browse online libraries

I used before some popular app on top free, called Mobileo Wallpaper (or something simular) But most pictures come of blurry there, as most of the library is on low res

I recently changed my wallpaper application to WallpaperCASA, wich does a very good job setting crystal clear wallpapers, as it finds the nearest resolution to fit my phone :)

WallpaperCASA v1.4.1 Application for Android | Entertainment