1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gallery is empty/doesn't load?Support

1. Shufflinsarah

Shufflinsarah New Member

Hello, this is my first post on here so excuse me if this is written wrong or something ~

Anyway, for a week or two my gallery has been taking FOREVER to load. It shows 'downloaded' and 'Camera' albums popping up, then disappearing and repeat. I have another gallery-ish app, Fishbowl Photo Gallery, but it worked with it before. When I tap the picture after using camera, the picture shows quick, then goes black. in the corner it says (1/16) as if there is 16 pictures, but there should be almost 200.

I've unmounted the SD card, it says SD card unmounted or unpresent. I dont' know how to change the save location. I cleared defaults, 'Clear Cache' is greyed out. Will 'Clear Data' erase my photos?

Sorry if this info is excessive, I just don't know what might be the problem. Thanks for replying if you do!

Advertisement
    :
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Welcome shufflinsarah to AF! :D to help i can suggest try using quickpic as a gallery (does a good job i use it in my ROM) and no if you clear data it will NOT delete your photos :D please feel free to PM me if you have any questions
    have a great day!
    Cheers!
  3. agung03

agung03 New Member

Just bought it for 2 weeks and the problem as same as my problem on this device, some times SD Card not present. And to solved this problem i always reject SD Card and put on it back. by the way, i'm new to android. Please tell how to solved without always reject the SD Card...

Thanks
  4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Problems like these can occur from errors on the SD try formatting it but make sure to backup all you sd data to the computer first!
  5. nu2andy

nu2andy Well-Known Member

From the U8800 FAQ's Manual:

1.6 Camera

1.6.1 Am I able to take pictures or videos when the SD card is
    unavailable?
    Yes, you are able to take pictures or videos when the SD card is unavailable.

1.6.2 What is the default saving path of pictures or videos? How
    do I change the path?
    1. When the SD card is available:
    The default saving path for pictures is sdcard/DCIM/Camera.
    The default saving path for videos is sdcard/DCIM/Camera.
    2. The path can’t be changed.

1.6.3 Why am I unable to open certain pictures or start certain
    videos?
    1. The phone does not support the file format.
    2. The phone memory is insufficient. Please close some running third-party applications.
    3. The file is damaged.
    4. The file is copy-right protected.
    5. Unknown error occurs to the application or phone system. This is very rare case and you can restart the phone to try them again.

Because of the size of the internal memory, you can use the camera without the SD card. Hope this info helps. If you look at the saving path listed, you should be able to find your photos. Cheers Neil.