Gallery - No SD Card Detected, no itemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned This Topic's Starter

well I know I took pictures and I can see them using the USB cable but when I open the gallery it tells me there is nothing there

I also get a message about no SD card detected even though its there and I can see it just fine if I go into the SD card menu in the settings menu and also if it is plugged into a computer

also there are pictures that I took today that arent even showing up when I plug it into the computer

I cant even read my SD card if I take it out and put it into that adapter it came with but plugging the phone into USB I can read the SD card thats in there - or I can see some pictures that I have taken

Advertisement
  2. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

Sounds like you have a bad card. Have you tried reformatting it or putting it in a totally different device?

3. leftkidney

I cant format the card without unmounting it, this makes no sense since if its unmounted then how can it format it

but I said f-it and went into a sprint store and made them replace the card - they did but I still cant read it in my computer using my SD card adapter and I can read all other sd and micro sd cards I have just not this one

I can read all other memory cards I have using my memory card 7in1 reader as well as using my scandisk sd card reader and micro sd adapter - just not this one - the replacement is a scandisk not samsung but that dont matter

4. taekwondo4ever

taekwondo4ever Well-Known Member

My friend had this same problem. He took it to the Spring Store and they actually gave him a new one.

5. leftkidney

figured it out!

its the SDHC cards that is the problem - Windows 7 isnt loading the correct drivers for this type of sd card - I have a SD card to USB adapter and it doesent work because the SD to USB has a chip in it that identifies it and it loads the drivers for that which came out before SDHC came out

this is just stupid as hell, I can force Windows 7 to load the correct driver and it works fine - now I have to buy a new SD card reader that supports SDHC, stupid as hell SD to USB is sosposta be a simple pin conversion nothing in between to do anything - in fact I have taken a SD card and soldered wires onto it and put a USB cord on the end and plugged it into a computer so I know its just a simple pin conversion so why should this SD to USB reader have a chip in it at all

f-ing stupid as ever!!!!!!!!!!!!