1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gallery Problems...stillSupport

1. chaos32

chaos32 Well-Known Member

So I finally upgraded from my eris to a beautiful droid x, and it's everything I've wanted, except for this one major detail. The gallery is absolute crap.

(Yes, I've done my research before posting but I'm STILL having problems)

I click the stock gallery and it opens for a brief second and closes. The general concept I've found online is that if there is a corrupt photo file (from, say, deleting a photo within the camera app vs within the gallery itself). There are a few solutions I've found
    -Download gallery 3d and browse the files till you find a black (corrupt) file and delete it
    -Plug the usb cable into a computer and browse files that way, and find the file
    -Format the SD card after backing it up on computer

The last two times i went through all those steps and nothing helped till I formatted the SD card. Personally I'd rather not format a THRID time, but i've searched through gallery 3d and found nothing, and my usb is at my bf's house (using an old LG wall charger currently) so i can't plug it into the computer at this time; but I dont think I have that many files after only formatting a week or so ago. Hell, I've only had the phone just shy of a month.

With such a great phone, it makes me wonder how this was skipped over in developing?
    Surely there has to be another fix rather than formating or using only gallery 3d, which, coincidentally, has always only half loaded (i must have run it 100 times between this phone and the eris), until just now when i double checked my picture files. Im not a fan of gallery 3d...

and ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Menu - settings - applications - manage applications - all. Find media storage, clear data, reboot.
    chaos32 likes this.