Gallery question

Last Updated:

1. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Member

Is there a way to create folders in the image gallery? Also is there a way to "hide" certain ones?

Advertisements
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

To keep the gallery from seeing folders with images in them create a file called .nomedia (the name of the file should be exactly as I typed it) and put it in hte root of that folder.

(For example, on your SDCard, if you have folder1, folder2, folder3, and folder4, and you want to hide folder4, go into folder4 and create a file called .nomedia and save it.

Now the gallery / music player / etc will not go looking in that file for media.

As for creating folders, well, the folders are on your SDCard - if you create a new folder there and load it with pictures, the gallery app will automagically scan it and add it to the gallery.

HTH

johnnybirdman likes this.
  3. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Member

Using Astro, if I go into the sd card, then to a folder called dcmi then all of the pictures show up in one folder called Camera.

But when I actually open the gallery, they are separated into icons called Camera, Backgrounds, Wallpapers, and Download

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Better check that again - all those pics should not be in Camera. In my Camera folder I only see the pics I have taken with the DROID's camera. All the other three sets of images are located elsewhere.

The .thumbnails folder *does* have thumbnails from all the images that have been found on your phone. However, those are thumbnails. But the Camera folder only has those taken with the camera.

speeddemon40 likes this.
  5. speeddemon40

speeddemon40 Member

My bad, you're right. Only pics taken with the Droid show up in that folder.

6. Shannon Hall

Shannon Hall New Member

I have created folders to organize my pictures but there is still an all photos where all the pics I just organized in to folders is still residing. Doesn't make since to me. Once I put them in folders I would not want to see the all photos. Is this just how it is or can you do something with the all photos? :cool: