Gallery questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. GoreGalaxy

GoreGalaxy Member

Hello, I am new to smartphones and this is my first thread...

What do I need to do to make pictures I take automatically save to a Pictures folder in my Gallery, and videos automatically save into a separate Videos folder in my Gallery, as opposed to them both ending up in one folder called "Camera" in my Gallery?

Using Kies I have transferred all my pictures and videos onto my Micro SD card. On your phone, if you go into Applications and into "My Files" then scroll down to "external_sd", you can see a "Videos" folder; you'd think that videos would automatically record to this folder as I have selected save to "Memory Card" when taking pictures and video.

I tried moving my existing videos into this "Videos" folder to encourage the phone to know where to save them, but it didn't work. I even tried making my own "Videos" sub-folder within "Camera", but it wouldn't save them there either.

I don't want to have to manually move them around after taking the video as this is a pain in the backside. Strangely, when you go I go into "Videos" in Applications, the videos are there and it obviously knows how to differentiate between pictures and videos.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

2. GoreGalaxy

GoreGalaxy Member

Anyone? I think I made that sound a bit long winded because it's the same if you're saving to phone memory too.

I have tried using QuickPic to sort this out, but it doesn't. I also asked in Carphone Warehouse (UK phone shop) and the guy said to look for a camera app that lets you select exact folders to save to. Does anyone know a camera that can do this?