Gallery replacement for Intercept?General

Last Updated:

1. rhambus

rhambus New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought the Virgin Mobile Intercept for my wife as a present (she just had a new baby) and I am configuring it for her before I give it to her (it's a surprise). I know it doesn't have 3d hardware but I know she will want to look at pics of our kids on it and it's weird that the default gallery doesn't let you swipe to go to the next picture, or (less importantly but still nice) pinch to zoom.

Does anyone know of a 2d gallery that I can load on here that would have those features? Preferably free, but I'd pay as well if it's reasonable. Also, it's OK if it's not in the market, I can sideload stuff. I have a rooted Droid X myself and know something about Android.

BTW: $25 a month with no contract for unlimited data and texts and 300 minutes? Hell yes! Way to go Virgin Mobile! My wife barely uses the voice part anyway. I feel like I am getting away with something here! :)

Advertisement
  2. monkeytailz

monkeytailz Member

3. rhambus

Thanks for the suggestion, and the well wishes. Do you think it will work on the Intercept since it doesn't have 3D? Or does that not mean that 3D galleries won't work at all? Will they just be slower or something?

4. rhambus

OK, Floating Image sort of worked but mostly didn't - it would show a pic or two and then crash.

Any other suggestions?

5. monkeytailz

monkeytailz Member

Interesting. It works fine on my VM Intercept. I will let you know if I come across any others.

6. rhambus

I kept searching, and foung this page about B&B Gallery.

Android App of the Week: B&B Gallery by Bread and Butter Tools | www.haiensheng.com

That seems to work really well. You can search for it on the Market using "bandb gallery." There is a free and a pay one. The free one is supposed to be ad supported but I haven't seen any yet. It's not 3D so I think it's probably better for the Intercept.

Here's another thing that was recommended, but haven't tried it yet:

Flikie Wallpapers HD - Android