• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery says I have no pictures

Dratini

Lurker
Oct 30, 2011
This is driving me crazy, but it has been a day now and my Gallery still says I have no pictures and videos. I have tried basic things like restarting my phone and unmounting and remounting my SD card but the problem persists. I dled Quickpic and my old photos showed up. The only problem is when I take new pictures it doesn't show in Quickpic or Gallery.

I have no idea why this is happening. I haven't played around with the directories of my phone ever.. Anyone know what's going on?

Rooted or running stock?
Using the stock camera or aftermarket?
Have you used a file explorer to verify the pictures exist (the new ones at least)?
Have you tried formatting your sd card (after backing it up to your pc)?
How about going to your gallery app under settings>applications>manage applications>all>Gallery and clearing data?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies!

My phone is not rooted.
I'm using the stock camera.
When connecting my phone to my computer, my pictures do exist. But the new ones don't..
I have already tried clearing cache and stopping gallery.
Unmounting and remounting did nothing.

Finally I decided to format the sd card. Tried taking new pictures. Does not show up in gallery. :[

I have also noticed today that my ringtones and music are not showing up anymore either (before format of course)..

Upvote 0
Yeah decided it was time for that too. :[
Thanks for your help though.

And does this happen to phones that are rooted too?

Sure it can happen to any phone. But with a rooted phone I would just flash the current ROM over your current setup and that would probably take care of the issue without having to re install all you apps and data like you do with a reset.

Reactions: Dratini
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones