1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gallery says I have no picturesSupport

1. Dratini

Dratini New Member

This is driving me crazy, but it has been a day now and my Gallery still says I have no pictures and videos. I have tried basic things like restarting my phone and unmounting and remounting my SD card but the problem persists. I dled Quickpic and my old photos showed up. The only problem is when I take new pictures it doesn't show in Quickpic or Gallery.

I have no idea why this is happening. I haven't played around with the directories of my phone ever.. Anyone know what's going on?

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Rooted or running stock?
    Using the stock camera or aftermarket?
    Have you used a file explorer to verify the pictures exist (the new ones at least)?
    Have you tried formatting your sd card (after backing it up to your pc)?
    How about going to your gallery app under settings>applications>manage applications>all>Gallery and clearing data?
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me.

First use a file explorer to verify your pictures are still there. If they are, unmount your SD card then remount it. Go back into your gallery and see if they show up now.
  4. Dratini

Dratini New Member

Thank you for the replies!

My phone is not rooted.
    I'm using the stock camera.
    When connecting my phone to my computer, my pictures do exist. But the new ones don't..
    I have already tried clearing cache and stopping gallery.
    Unmounting and remounting did nothing.

Finally I decided to format the sd card. Tried taking new pictures. Does not show up in gallery. :[

I have also noticed today that my ringtones and music are not showing up anymore either (before format of course)..
  5. TheAtheistReverend

I am sorry to say it is time for a factory reset.
  6. Dratini

Dratini New Member

Yeah decided it was time for that too. :[
    Thanks for your help though.

And does this happen to phones that are rooted too?
  7. TheAtheistReverend

Sure it can happen to any phone. But with a rooted phone I would just flash the current ROM over your current setup and that would probably take care of the issue without having to re install all you apps and data like you do with a reset.
    Dratini likes this.
  8. addy110

addy110 New Member

where is file explore
  9. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

A file explorer is a 3rd party app found on the market. There is quite a few good ones. I personally use es file explorer.