• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery SD Card Error

souloho

Lurker
Jul 11, 2013
I've had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a good year or so and haven't had many if not any problems with it until now.

Today I've realised in my gallery that in the SD Card Camera folder, an error symbol appears on some of the photos and some of the videos come up with the "Sorry, this video cannot be played" error message.

After this, I realised that a considerable chunk of photos have disappeared from March until now. The last photo was from March 2013 and the one before that is from April 2013. Photos in between have disappeared too as the photo from April was at a concert and I remember taking alot more photos that day which are gone too.

Photos/videos in the internal phone memory seem to be unaffected in this (ie. Download, Background, SBeam, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc.)

I've tried to look this up and found some suggestions of rebooting the phone (assuming I will have to back up all my data from the internal storage).
I would appreciate any help or advice. Cheers.

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a good year or so and haven't had many if not any problems with it until now.

Today I've realised in my gallery that in the SD Card Camera folder, an error symbol appears on some of the photos and some of the videos come up with the "Sorry, this video cannot be played" error message.

After this, I realised that a considerable chunk of photos have disappeared from March until now. The last photo was from March 2013 and the one before that is from April 2013. Photos in between have disappeared too as the photo from April was at a concert and I remember taking alot more photos that day which are gone too.

Photos/videos in the internal phone memory seem to be unaffected in this (ie. Download, Background, SBeam, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc.)

I've tried to look this up and found some suggestions of rebooting the phone (assuming I will have to back up all my data from the internal storage).
I would appreciate any help or advice. Cheers.

Turn your phone off and take out your sd card and try using your computer to view the files, if they don't work on your computer it's likely the card is corrupted. Did you by chance set up and use your dropbox so that your photos and videos would auto back up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones