1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gallery With Folder Selection?

Last Updated:

1. billtvshow

billtvshow Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I have a Droid just running stock 2.0.1

What I am looking for is a photo/picture gallery app that simply let's you select the folders that you want to display in the app.
    I was fine with the stock gallery for awhile, but then I started getting a variety of apps that store pictures in various folders (the worst one being Touchdown for Exchange which puts almost every attachment in a new folder).
    The stock gallery now takes forever to load up, as it is loading a TON of folders with images in them. Really it makes it almost useless at this point.
    This was the main reason I switched to MixZing for audio, as it let me narrow my library down to the few folders that actually mattered.
    Anyone have any solutions?
    Thanks and sorry if there is some really obvious answer to this that I was missing.

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

If you come up with anything then let me know. I hate the way that modern phones seem to assume that we want ALL images to show in any kind of Gallery app (and ALL mp3 files in a music player) and seem to take away our ability to sort and organise our files the way we want to.

3. p0peye

p0peye Member

... Any news on this subject? Save 1 place for me in the line for the solution... :)

4. 3shirts

3shirts New Member

What you can do is create a blank file called .nomedia in any folders you don't want the gallery to index. Then rescan the card (mount and dismount it or just reboot the phone).

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

FYI Touchdown (and some other apps) have an "exclude from Gallery" option. It basically uses the .nomedia approach mentioned above.