• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bomak123

Lurker
Sep 6, 2015
HATE the new gallery view and settings. Automatically opens to camera role rather than opening up to see all the albums. Can't delete multiple albums and can't change the view! Maybe some people do like it opening to the camera role but some people may also like it opening to the album view. Have those options. Fix please or please inform me on how I can if I just couldn't find the option. Thank you.

The stupidest thing about Android was that there was pre-installed software that got "improved" with each new release of a phone or version of the system. In particular ... file manager, phone dialer, and gallery. File managers are no longer in the equation.

The solution ... find third-party apps that you like and use them. When you change phones you use the same apps. When you upgrade system versions you use the same apps.

I used to use QuickPic until it was recently sold to an untrusted developer. I now use A+ Gallery

For me it is Pixel Phone Pro, X-plore, and A+ Gallery.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones