1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

[Game] Advance War like : make an IA / multiplayer mode

Last Updated:

1. mika95

mika95 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on creating an Advance War like game, as identical as possible to the original with some new features. I'm a french developper and you're the firsts advised of my "work".

I'm doing it on my free time so I don't know yet when I'll be able to release a beta.

Bases of the game are done, it means creating units, moving, attacking, players'turn, game over (hq captured or all enemies destroyed). In fact it is possible to play up to 4 players on the same phone.
    Maps can be created using Tiled application (you'll just need the tileset I'll release) and because of the copyrights I won't release the Advance War graphics, I'll make my own with the possibility to replace them with yours (so you'll can get yourself AW graphics and load them with a bit work).

Some little features are missing yet such as battle animations, units hp visible on the map and of course a single player and online multiplayer mode.

So I would like to get your opinion, I don't know which mode I should work on to begin (single or multiplayer).

For the single player mode I started thinking on some strategies for the computer player :
    capture the nearest buildings to get money, try to build equivalent or better units than human players, defend a position ... but I wouldn't like to make only one kind of strategy. So if you know what king of algorithm or strategy I can apply, just let me know.

For the multiplayer mode, I was thinking off an online server, with rooms and maybe later a bluetooth mode.

So my question is, in the first time, would you like to be able to play alone or against people.

To finish I don't know yet if I'll make the game paying or free (with no ads) since this is my first application/game on Android and because I started it to discover opengl/android features.

Here a short video I just made a few minutes ago :
    Advance War Android - YouTube

Advertisement
  2. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

Excellent work!

I would probably change the name, however as it could easily cause some legal issues.