• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[GAME][FREE] RanaCidu - Why frogs are having fun?

Hi all,

It is fun programming a game app. So, that is what I have been doing the last year. And the result is RanaCidu available at: http://goo.gl/YB22UT , suited for Android 2.3 and higher.
In this game you have to navigate a frog called Rana to his girlfriend Cidu across a grid with cells filled with animals. The different animals prescribe how Rana may hop to neighbour cells. Each level has a target about the allowed number of hops, and/or the amount of animals to be visited, or points to collect. There are also animals indicated by a coffee cup that must be visited, or animals that must be released from their prison. In this variety of levels some are fairly easy to finish and some are pretty tough. To ease your job you can take back a hop at the expense of your score. And when you are really stuck then you can ask for a hint by paying one coin. Althoug the used algorithm is heuristic the outcome is most times optimal.
Playing a new level will cost one coin. Once paid for a level you can retry it forever without further costs. Finishing a level perfectly you earn a coin, so that you can keep playing the current 80 levels in one go. Please, let me know if you are such a genius!
At the end of a level there is a small animation with your score. You can toggle among three score lists: all-time high, latest scores, and scores of your friends. you can invite a friend by having sent an e-mail, in order to see each other's scores. And, as a bonus each invitation is rewarded by a coin. When you are out of friends you can also buy coins, or simply wait some time to get new coins.
Hopefully, playing RanaCidu gives a lot of fun. The screenshots below give a glimpse.
D_1.jpg

E_3pf.jpg

Please, let me know what you think of it.
Thanks and best regards,
Tis Veugen

I receently released version 1.2.1. of RanaCidu (see goo.gl/YB22UT) with improvements:
1. Increase initial amount of coins
2. Inspect scores at a previous level by long click
3. Improve performance at initialization by a dozen seconds
4. u/i update: In the second level you must find the LONGEST path, and not the shortest path!!
So, I hope this might encourage you to play this logic puzzle game.
Success!

Upvote 0
Hey there! Just tried this out. It's an interesting game mechanic. I liked the different jump types, especially the "knight"-like one.

The longest path ones were much harder for me than shortest path. I think I like shortest path ones more.

For me I'd prefer the leader board stuff to be "opt in" rather than included by default. My real name is in my profile and I wasn't expecting it to go to a global leader board without warning me first.

Nice work on your game!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback.

At the higher levels there are also other targets than the shortest or longest path. I hope to make the game more attractive by sufficiently varying targets.

I have been struggling about the nickname. A player wants to start playing asap. So, I removed asking for a nickname after installation. At the score of the 2nd level the player is informed about the possibility of changing the nickname. That name holds then for all levels including the already played first level.

I’m sorry if this is not satisfactory for you. It is not my intention to hide things. The additional text and images on the app site should IMHO provide enough information about this subject.

Thanks again and best regards.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I would like to introduce my casual game Rana Alpha that has a new play concept. It is a kind of mix of a Maze game and a Match-3 game. You have to find a path to the finish, collect an amount of points, and/or visit a number of animals. All usual game elements are included: score animation, 3 leaderboards, earn coins, invite friends, etc.
Some game levels have hidden clues. It is your task to explore such a level and solve the clues. This screenshot shows one of the play levels:
A_9.jpg

Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.tistis.ranaalpha

Have fun!

Reactions: Oktal_Studio
Upvote 0
The goal of the levels are now described in the languages: Traditional Chinese ( 中國 ), Simplified Chinese ( 中国 ), Spanish ( Español ), Hindi ( हिंदी ), Portuguese ( Português ), Bengali ( বাঙালি ), Russian ( Русский ), Japanese ( 日本語 ), Javanese ( Jawa ), German ( Deutsch ), French ( Français ), Dutch ( Nederlands ) .
A3_fl.jpg

Upvote 0
The new release of RanaCidu (http://goo.gl/YB22UT) contains Facebook share buttons, for earning coins after posting a message. But, due to bugs in the Facebook API I had to resort to a tricky workaround in the user interface to prevent that after selecting ‘cancel’ the onSuccess callback is called instead of the onCancel callback. However, then I found another scenario where that nasty bug manifests itself. So, I gave up. Can you find the buggy scenario?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones