Game Gripper for Moment - Requests needed!Tips

Last Updated:

1. Ezzelin

Ezzelin New Member This Topic's Starter

Home (game-gripper)

The Game Gripper is an accessory that snaps onto the phone and gives a real D-pad and buttons. Currently it's only available for the Droid, but we can change that! The manufacturer has a request page up asking for more devices to support:

Request form (game-gripper)

Please fill out this form and submit it! Thankfully, the Moment is already on the top of the list of phones on the survey page. Here's a Youtube video of it in action:

YouTube - Droid Game Pad - Game Gripper Demonstration at Best Buy

Advertisement
    strra likes this.
  2. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member

I need this so I can get in some Megaman or Street Fighter at school without the hassle of a bulky GBA or NDS

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Requested!

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

How do you see the survey results?

5. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Really... Would a company even bother making this?

The Moment is on the last of it's life cycle right now. They've sold about 1/4 the number of units that the Droid has. And there are way too many people with serious issues right now that are only "Holding on for the Evo" in June.

As much as I am liking my Moment, I doubt highly doubt asking them to make a game controller for the Moment would be successful simply due to the numbers.

6. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Just fill out the survey and take logic out of the equation. It's worth a try, takes a second. I'm filling it out, and I don't even want it.

7. Baztastic

Baztastic Active Member

Omg just saw this on engadget

if this came out for the moment, i'd be on it so freaking fast ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

8. Cessna

Cessna Member

Signed. I'd buy it.

9. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

Last of its life cycle? What makes you think that? The Moment beat out every other Android phone except the Droid in polls. despite its serious issues, it has a lot going for it and an accessory like this would be awesome for emulators.

Also, Verizon pumped a crap ton of marketing into the Droid whereas the Moment hasn't had much face time in Sprint ads. I'd say due to it being relatively out of the public eye, it selling 1/4 of the Droid's numbers isn't so bad when you compare.

10. Ezzelin

Ezzelin New Member This Topic's Starter

I wouldn't say that it's at the end of its lifetime... I just bought 4 of them for my family! Sure, the Evo is great and all, but who knows when it will come out, and I still wouldn't buy it anyway, because it has no hardware keyboard. In other words, the Game Gripper wouldn't even work on the Evo anyway. Besides the rumored LG phone, there aren't any more hardware keyboard Android phones in the works for Sprint any time soon. With 2.1 already here/on the way, I fully expect my Moment to last me a couple of years, at least.

11. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Hope they make one for the moment 2 when that comes out

12. GameGripper

GameGripper Member

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I finished my design for the Game Gripper for the Samsung Moment and am working on the molds now. You can see what it looks like on my website.

game-gripper: Other Phones

Thanks,
    gg

latinmaxima and Coldcloud like this.