Game of Thrones

Last Updated: 2013-06-16 11:49:03
  1. GeekClass

GeekClass Well-Known Member

Who saw it? I thought it was a pretty good first ep. Obvious exposition, but I saw no way of avoiding that and it was handled well. Also great choices for the actors all around.

I'm happy to see an amazing fantasy being adapted to TV. I still can't believe sword of truth *starts muttering and cursing*. Anyway, it definitely looks set to be as good as HBO's Rome, and will hopefully be as good as The Wire and Sopranos.

Your thoughts?

Edit: No clue if there are rules here, but don't post spoilers of the next episode, whether from the show or the books. Or if you do, be really vague about it. ;)

Advertisement
  2. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

havent gotten time to sit down and watch it yet, hopefully tonight. intro looked epic though :)
  3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I thought it was great. Looking forward to seeing more.
  4. ballisticn8

amazing show, cant believe how true it stayed to the books. :)
  5. AustinTech

AustinTech Well-Known Member

I saw the first episode. I liked it enough to put the series on DVR and read the book first. So far the book is good, but I am having trouble keeping up with all the story lines and characters. Might have something to do with my kids interrupting me all the time.

Can't wait to find out more about The Others.....
  6. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Loved it! The casting so far is spot on and there's no holding back from the brutality and scandal, also love the stark's accents (same as mine :) ) My big fear with such h a huge set of characters and massive scope is that it doesn't drag and fizzle away like lost.
  7. GeekClass

GeekClass Well-Known Member

8. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Loved it! Looking forward for the next episodes. :)
  9. Rooferkev

Also got to mention the great opening credits, love what they've done there.
  10. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

^I love the opening credits, too. This is a quality show, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm going to read the books after this season is over.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  11. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I thought the first two episodes were pretty good, although I don't know whether to hold off on them for a while and until I've the books first. (A game of thrones has been waiting patiently on my bookshelf for about a year now).
    dgadams likes this.
  12. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

yea i wanna watch this but dont wanna ruin the books.... though been waiting to start them until series actually gets finished
  13. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Although, I guess 10 years from now when he finishes the series, the TV show won't be too fresh in my memory :p
  14. NightAngel79

LOL, funny as sh*t but sadly probably true.......

edit: of course its hard telling how long tv series might run
  15. Rooferkev

Watched the 3rd one and glad the acting and characters are continuing to be so good. However I'm quite disappointed with kings landing which so for looks like an arch and throne room and that's it! The seat of the king of westeros, I was expecting a massive castle and city. All in all though very good
  16. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

Love it.
  17. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

Khal Drogo is bad azz. It is known.
  18. ballisticn8

lol @ how upset people are at what happened... follow the books and you'll know what happened in the last episode, no spoilers given here.
    dgadams likes this.
  19. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

20. NightAngel79

First season over yet? Decided i wasn't gonna watch till i can see all of first season (book)
  21. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

Nearly. Final episode this Sunday.

Are you going to read the book before you watch? I ask, because ordinarily for this and most other TV adaptations I'd tell you to the read the books first but this TV series is pretty special in it's own right. imo it would be better to watch it first. You get to fully enjoy all the twists and turns which us book readers already know to expect.
  22. NightAngel79

Yea. Think I'm just gonna watch it. If series was complete maybe books first...
  23. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

I hope they are working on broadcasting the Season 2 ASAP.
    I'd hate to see this great show ended.
  24. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure ratings wise it's been a success so far so not only is season 2 looking very likely but also it should have an expanded budget.
  25. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member