1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Game Updates (from the Market)

Last Updated:

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There have been updates recently for several games I have.

The Market will download the games and start installing them, then I get a message saying that the update and installation was unsuccessful.

I tried uninstalling both games completely and re-downloading them, but I get the same error. Space shouldn't be a problem as I have 150mb free. Anyone else have similar problems with these (or any other games/apps) updating?

Sometimes I get a message that pops up and says, "Installation error 18 - unknown error."

I have also tried turning on/off the phone, but that doesn't seem to help. The part that sucks about this is that I payed for these and now I can't play them at all.

On top of that, I can install "new" games with now problem at all, but all of the ones with updates recently fail to install and update...even after removing them.

Advertisement
  2. tcb420

tcb420 New Member

I am having the same issue. Unmounting the SD card is a short term work around but I haven't solved the issue yet myself

3. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool, I got that too work. After installing it to the device, then remounting the SD card, I can transfer the game over to the SD card to save space and play it fine...

For some reason though, any games that need updates don't install correctly when the SD card is mounted...I even tried formatting the card that was in it, as well as trying a different card but still get the same errors...