• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid can't save, want to transfer save

maxtro

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
I started playing a game on Visualboy advance and copied over the save file to Gameboid which loaded the file.

After many hours of playing, I want to transfer the save file from Gameboid back to VBA but Gameboid isn't even saving the game using the save file. It can only save using save states.

After a little research I found something about hex editing the orginial .sav file to make it writable to Gabeboid using hex workshop, but I don't know how to use the program.

Is there anything I can do?

Playing around a bit trying new things, I completely removed Gameboid and copied the game folder to my computer. After reinstalling Gameboid and starting a new game, I was able to save games using the in-game save menu. Though I couldn't locate where the actual file is stored. It's not in the folder where the savestates and rom is located.

I thin copied over one of my save states and loaded it. Then I tried to save the game using the in-game menu, and it wouldn't save. Going back to the game folder there is not a .sav file.

From what I can tell, Gameboid doesn't even make a .sav file. I some people have been successful in copying over a Gameboid save to VBA so it should be possible right?

Also, for some reason the sound has become garbled on my savestates. Any idea how I can fix it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones