• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

Fro

Apr 28, 2009
TX
Yongzh is a man of his word. He promissed us a GBA emulator, and in a timely fassion he has delivered.

$3.99 for this app. and just like all his others it works flawlessly (after the update this morning)

The only thing diffrent about this app, is that you need a GBA Bios, like you would with a GBA Emu on a PC. You have to load the bios, then you can load the roms.

Sound works great, as does the frame rate even with sound.

I have tried the following roms, all work perfect.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Tactics Orge: The knight of the Lotus
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Happy playing

- Fro -

Reactions: paiboon2002
I'm gonna bump this post because this is a KILLER APP!
This is well worth the 4 bucks and far superior to Kiddboy, which totally blows and cost me 2 dollars I will never get back ;)

I can't wait until the Pokemon sprites are fixed because they are my favorite games for gba and I would really love to play them on my G1 without flaw.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Some people put the phone in Airplane mode when they use an app like this.. makes it run faster. You can also turn off the sound and it runs a lot faster.

pdragon.. there are some top notch RPG's for the GBA... you are better off checking a gaming site like gameboy.ign.com or something to see what kind of reviews they have. You can sort by RPG's and pick the highest rated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones