1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

1. Fro

Fro Active Member

Yongzh is a man of his word. He promissed us a GBA emulator, and in a timely fassion he has delivered.

$3.99 for this app. and just like all his others it works flawlessly (after the update this morning)

The only thing diffrent about this app, is that you need a GBA Bios, like you would with a GBA Emu on a PC. You have to load the bios, then you can load the roms.

Sound works great, as does the frame rate even with sound.

I have tried the following roms, all work perfect.
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Tactics Orge: The knight of the Lotus
    Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Happy playing

- Fro -

Advertisement
    :
    paiboon2002 likes this.
  2. Obsidian86

Obsidian86 Member

Best Answer
    I downloaded it last night, and it works even better than the SNES emulator. Except for pokemon, which there are some sprite glitches (quite a few actually). But I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.
  3. Fro

Fro Active Member

yeah it still needs one more update to fix the little glitches. but this has been mostly problem free so far.
  4. Obryn

Obryn New Member

I'm gonna bump this post because this is a KILLER APP!
    This is well worth the 4 bucks and far superior to Kiddboy, which totally blows and cost me 2 dollars I will never get back ;)

I can't wait until the Pokemon sprites are fixed because they are my favorite games for gba and I would really love to play them on my G1 without flaw.
  5. phatboy23

phatboy23 New Member

hey whats the gba bios and where can i download it?
  6. Fro

Fro Active Member

learn 2 internet
  7. phatboy23

phatboy23 New Member

i do know to internets but i cant find out how to get the gba bios for my g1
  8. phatboy23

phatboy23 New Member

oh nevermind i got it i was doing it on my mac but it works on my pc
  9. souless

souless New Member

hi I'm still kind of new to the whole android os and everything I was just wondering for this app I only have to pay once to use the app forever right it's not a monthly fee or anything like that
  10. theevilone

theevilone Active Member

All is good, works fine. Thanks Yongzh. bios for GBA, pirate bay.
  11. Fro

Fro Active Member

only have to buy it once then its urs forever.
  12. jonny

jonny Member

I am very happy with this emu! Very stable, can you actually toggle the sound? rather than on/off.
  13. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I take it that this is only for the g1 since it has hardware buttons? I have a galaxy coming, but since android doesnt yet have multitouch i was just wondering about these emulators?
  14. cellphoneuser

cellphoneuser New Member

needs gba bios bin, when i downloaded that, its says: download failed as the contents are not supported by the phone or something like that. either way i need help on using this app
    also, anyone know how to unblock paid applications from the android market?
  15. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese Active Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for speeding this up?

Killing the Home application helps alot, but it lags a bit when playing Pokemon Leaf Green.

Also, Advance Wars doesn't work.
  16. Beefy

Beefy Member

Would anyone recommend this for use on the Sprint HTC Hero? I've been thinking about picking it up but I am a little concerned that it doesn't have the physical keyboard buttons that would be necessary.
  17. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

18. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

Some people put the phone in Airplane mode when they use an app like this.. makes it run faster. You can also turn off the sound and it runs a lot faster.

pdragon.. there are some top notch RPG's for the GBA... you are better off checking a gaming site like gameboy.ign.com or something to see what kind of reviews they have. You can sort by RPG's and pick the highest rated.
  19. pdragon

Thanks for the Airplane mode tip! Will give it a try.

Yeah, I've been browsing around at GBA games a lot more lately to see what I can find now.
  20. Paul4763

Paul4763 Member

I really like this app but how do you move about on it? The trackball is useless because if I roll left or right the cursor on the game just goes that way constantly nd the on-screen D-Pad is really sensitive. Any ideas?
  21. pdragon

It's not a good emulator for any kind of twitch or fast action games. All I've been good with playing so far are RPG's or strategy games. I just use the on-screen dpad. It's not perfect, no, but it's not so bad when precise movement isn't required.
  22. Bg8780

Bg8780 Active Member

How do I mount the GBA.BIO.BIN file to the Droid?

Sorry I am new to the Android OS and I am not experienced in Linux so I'm wandering in the dark here lol

Thanks
  23. Jtwo

Jtwo Member

Hmm, I'm not sure about the on the Droid since I haven't received mine yet.
    But on the iPhone and PSP you don't mount the file anywhere, you just place it in the emulator directory.

Actually, the reason I just registered here is because I was wondering if anyone has gotten this working on the Droid.
  24. Bg8780

Bg8780 Active Member

Yep. All I had to do was browse to it on the app itself. I haven't play it much yet but it seems to work fine.
  25. bryant_16

bryant_16 Member

Hey guys, may I know where I can download this application?