• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

Sorry if this was already discussed, but i recently bought Samsung Galaxy S2, and I wanted to instal gameboid to play some golden oldies like pokemon emerald ect.
I installed gameboid, and copied roms and bios on my phone.
When i launch gameboid it doesn't start game, it just goes black for few seconds and thats all.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Sorry if this was already discussed, but i recently bought Samsung Galaxy S2, and I wanted to instal gameboid to play some golden oldies like pokemon emerald ect.
I installed gameboid, and copied roms and bios on my phone.
When i launch gameboid it doesn't start game, it just goes black for few seconds and thats all.
Any suggestions?
That's weird. I'm using SGS2 as well but I don't experience similar issues. Are you sure you got the right .apk and the ROMs?

Upvote 0
I downloaded the gba emulator and the bios + roms and put those in the same folder. Now when i open the emulator, and select search games and select one of the games it says: no bios file found. And i have gba_bios.bin on my sdcard.
Go into the settings of the emulator. You'll see the first option should be about the GBA bios file. Tap that and go to the directory where the bios file is, and then tap on the bios file. It should now have the bios selected and will remember where it is. You should be able to load roms.

Upvote 0
How'd you figure out the BIOS file, i'm struggling with the same problem :(
hey one thing i found to fix the same issue was to go to the app. then click the little options button on the samsung prevail its the very bottom of the phone on the far left its not on the screen open the options select settings then the first thing on the list is bios or something of that sort click that and then go through your files and actually find and click your bios so gameboid knows where the bios is. then it should work. my next issue is actually running a rom now that the bios issue is fixed lol hope it helps

Upvote 0
guys just to change the subject, i beleive that the gameboid does not support Pokemon games? Because i played crystal and gold on a GBC emulator but i tried so much to play fire red or leaf green on a GBA emulator but it just doesnt work. I tried different roms different bin files. And i saw a guy on youtube who played (i think it was pokemon pure white) on his xperia play (thats my phone aswell). So i ask is there anyone who can explain to me how i can play pokemon on my phone? I tried so much allready so im very curious about ur answers.

And i dont mind paying;)

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hey guys i have read tons and tons regarding gameboid and all the youtube tutorials. However i cant seem to get gameboid to work on my android phone (i9000 samsung galaxy S). i have downloaded gamboid (tried both the lite version and the paid version) and placed the bios file everytime.

After specifying the location of the bios there are no warnings or problem but when i try to 'select rom' to load, the screen just goes blank for a few seconds and returns to the 'select rom' page.

i have been trying to load pokemon emerald but have not been successful. Pls help someone i dono what is wrong. (PS the bios i use and the rom i use works fine with emulators on my PC)

Yea me too! Exactly the same but I have the Nexus S. Someone help please.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I have just downloaded the Gameboid App from SlideME, I guess this is the most recent version, since it's from yongzh's account himself. Though, two games of mine wont's save! I have tried the following roms that worked:

Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Firered

The games that won't save, are:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past & Four Swords

I have tried to save it with all the different ways of save types (Automatic, EEPROM, SPRAM, Flash and Flash 128KBit), but it didn't work out much better. If anyone could find me an answer, I would be really happy!

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I have just downloaded the Gameboid App from SlideME, I guess this is the most recent version, since it's from yongzh's account himself. Though, two games of mine wont's save! I have tried the following roms that worked:

Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Firered

The games that won't save, are:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past & Four Swords

I have tried to save it with all the different ways of save types (Automatic, EEPROM, SPRAM, Flash and Flash 128KBit), but it didn't work out much better. If anyone could find me an answer, I would be really happy!

I had the same problem with saving, in this games and others. I know the solution i had taken is not the best, but, works. Simply open those games on other emulators like Tiger, wich has some problems with the screen on some games like Zelda, create the memory state, run the game and even make a save state on the emulator.

Well, after that, you can close this app and open GameBoid, your memory state and save states will be there and you will be free to run those games with no further problem. Ah, and leave the save option on Automatic.:)

PS.: Sorry for my poor english.

Upvote 0
guys, just now i played pokemon fire red and emerald and i cannot save both of it. anyone knows why?

The save games of pokemon games are always quite high. You have to adjust the save games in your settings to the highest, like this: Gameboid -> menu button -> Settings -> Other Settings -> GBA save type -> Flash (128KB). That should solve the problem.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with saving, in this games and others. I know the solution i had taken is not the best, but, works. Simply open those games on other emulators like Tiger, wich has some problems with the screen on some games like Zelda, create the memory state, run the game and even make a save state on the emulator.

Well, after that, you can close this app and open GameBoid, your memory state and save states will be there and you will be free to run those games with no further problem. Ah, and leave the save option on Automatic.:)

PS.: Sorry for my poor english.

So that means I have to download another emulator that supports save stats, witch are all full versions, so I have to pay money for it... I guess that's beyond my will of playing. I could search internet for the free apk's, but I think I'll hold it with Zelda: The Minish Cap and Pokemon. Thanks though for your time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones