• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

Hey guys, I just bought this off the marketplace for my Droid and I have an issue. I wanted to play Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages on this (a game boy color game) but it's not working. I tried Wario Land 4 and it seems to work flawlessly but then again, that is a GBA game. Can this app not play GBC games? I tried Pokemon Blue and it didn't work either. The Legend of Zelda file name ended with .gbc while Pokemon ended at .gb.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Actually, I think that's only true for the other emulators. I'm using Gameboid Lite and it saves my games just fine. Save states seem to be the only disabled feature, and while I don't necessarily need it for the games I play I might buy just to support the developer. This app is mindblowing, and brings some great titles to my Droid :)

Upvote 0
This app rocks. I am on it constantly. Since I downloaded it and started playing games I've actually spent less time on my 360 and ps3.

Only bad thing is that I wish action replay and or gameshark would work on it, I got the ROM's for both and it just says move the switch to on (like on the cartridge adapter has on the device) and seeing as no switch does that mean no luck?

Upvote 0
Hey everyone...i downloaded everything needed ad everything runs smooth up until the point where i have to press start to enter the game...the start button works up until it is time to select new game for mario or pokemon and i cannot go any further. is there any solution to this??? please help if u can

email at
kingalston15@yahoo.com
Check your key configuration in Settings. You will probably need to change the default A/B/Turbo/Left/Right buttons

Upvote 0
i'm having problems with gameboid. it barely plays half the files i throw at it. maybe i'm asking too much? i'm wondering if either the ROMs i have suck or the BIOS i have sucks.

so far:

Astro Boy - OK
Fire Emblem - OK
Golden Sun - OK
Kingdom Hearts - Craps out during intro video, goes into endless loop
Mario Kart - OK
Mario Tennis - Sound stutters/lags, eventually crashes app
Super Monkey Ball Jr - Terrible sound
Zelda - OK but colors got goofed up during a fade sequence and never fixed.

Upvote 0
Check your key configuration in Settings. You will probably need to change the default A/B/Turbo/Left/Right buttons

i have tried that...the start button worsk fine until the screen goes to select a new game and then it will not let me select new games or options ect....this happened in both pokemon emerald and super mario world. in mario world i could move around the map but i could not enter a game...i dont get it

Upvote 0
What a shame, they want money for it. Oh well.
If you don't think a perfectly running emulator which allows you to play hundreds of some of the best games ever made is worth a couple bucks on your phone... then you are a cheap bastard. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. The guy obviously spent many, many hours to get this emulator running smoothly. I've owned NESoid and SNESoid since they were first released on the G1 and he has been updating these things constantly (he didn't just roll it out and forget it). I honestly don't understand why some people think they are entilted to full free applications all the time. The value you get for your $3 is BY FAR worth it.

Upvote 0
If you don't think a perfectly running emulator which allows you to play hundreds of some of the best games ever made is worth a couple bucks on your phone... then you are a cheap bastard. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. The guy obviously spent many, many hours to get this emulator running smoothly. I've owned NESoid and SNESoid since they were first released on the G1 and he has been updating these things constantly (he didn't just roll it out and forget it). I honestly don't understand why some people think they are entilted to full free applications all the time. The value you get for your $3 is BY FAR worth it.
If I can get it for free on a PC or a damn iPod touch, I should be able to get it free on a phone.
You can kiss my ass. There's not a single damn app on the market worth even a penny.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones