Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

1. SlidewayzS14

SlidewayzS14 Active Member

Apparently I'm ******** an I don't know how to play the Rom files

Anyone wanna help? :rolleyes:
  2. visualvalhalla

visualvalhalla Well-Known Member

For the GBA emulator, you will need the original GameBoy Advance ROM file. Google for gba_bios.bin and copy the file to your Droid SD. I'd recommend you create a folder called games/gba and drop the ROM there along with other GBA game files. Unmount your phone and launch GBA. Point the app to the folder where you copied the ROM files.
  3. SlidewayzS14

Does the phone have to be rooted?
  4. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

No, it does not. Just connect the phone with a USB cable to your computer and mount it. Manual has full instructions for doing this. That's the easiest way to manage files on the SDCard.
  5. hermes5187

hermes5187 New Member

So I don't get how the Gameboid works. I have the app downloaded, but how do I download the files to my phone for the games? Appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!
  6. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Connect your phone to the computer and download ROM's onto your SD Card.

You'll also need to download the gba BIOS file...and have it in the same folder as where you store your ROM's.
  7. SlidewayzS14

I did that and it tells me to select Bios file But there is "No Files in this Folder"
  8. visualvalhalla

visualvalhalla Well-Known Member

Make sure you are are looking in the same folder as the location you copied your bin
  9. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

And you need to have downloaded the BIOS file to the phone....

Otherwise...it's looking for something that isn't there...
  10. SlidewayzS14

Got it working thanks guys! :D
  11. kantaris

kantaris Member

Does this load and play old gameboy games? I think the gba let you play original gameboy games...correct me if I'm wrong, or point me to an original/gameboy color emulator.
  12. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

That's a good question...

One that I don't know the answer to...

In my previous experience (from the ones I used on my PC), I don't think GBA emulators could play normal GB and GBC games...

To be honest, I never tried to run a GB game on a GBA emulator because I'd have a GB/GBC emulator to run them on...lol...so I might be wrong...
  13. Droid212

Droid212 Active Member

Hey everyone!

In Gameboid, I can load all my ROM's except for Classic NES - Super Mario Bros. Whenever I load it, Gameboid always crashes. Has anyone gotten this to work?
  14. 640k

640k Member

solution - run super mario bros on NESOID instead. :D

btw duckhunt on NESOID is LOL
  15. Kizzume

Kizzume New Member

The GameBoy Advance could play GB and GBC games.
  16. fluc02

fluc02 Member

The GBA played GB and GBC games by including a separate processor which was used when a GB/GBC game was inserted into the cartridge slot. The base GBA CPU was not capable of emulating the GB and GBC, and so emulating the GBA CPU does not give you the capability to play GB and GBC, they're two totally different CPUs.
  17. Kizzume

Kizzume New Member

Good point.

I hope a decent GB and GBC emulator gets made, since Kidd GBC is a total joke....
  18. Sketchee

Sketchee Well-Known Member

You can use Gameboid Lite. The only feature missing is the save state feature. You can still use in-game saves without any issues.

This isn't a feature of the original Gameboy Advance anyway.
  19. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

so learn how to develop it yourself and it will be free.
  20. Dasaco

Dasaco New Member

Does anyone know if it is possible and if so how to link between either GBA, emulating PCs or other Droids?
  21. vmujic

vmujic New Member

I just got the samsung moment and i am having difficulties loading the bin file onto my phone. even when i try to download it through the phone it will not let me cuz it does not "support" that file type. anyone else got the emulator to work on moment or have any advice?
  22. 640k

640k Member

discussed already

23. 640k

640k Member

you're just bitter because you bought the cheap Droid.
  24. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

This may not be the place to ask, but since this is a GameBoid thread...
    Anyone able to get WarioWare Twisted! wroking(on a Droid preferrably?)
    The original cart had an acceleromenter in it and was mostly played with "motion" but I can't get it to run in the emu. Anyone...Buller...?
  25. jon bones

jon bones Member

i'll try WarioWare Twisted! and let you know

anyone get mario golf to work? mine keeps rebooting after you get to the first in-game prompt :( tried what i believe are a few different dumps of the game and no dice

(using the paid version of gameboid on a droid)