• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

So, i googled gba bios.bin and all of the ones i try i get the message that windows cannot open the file because it does not know how, or what created it. i need to know how to fix this, or if maybe a non-bin file would work.

thanks for the help

Ah I see what you're saying. You don't need to open the file with Windows. Just copy it onto your phone some where. Then tell Gameboid where it is. :)

Upvote 0
i have grand theft auto advance and when i run it on gameboid, i can start a new game but after the cut scene with the two guys talking, the screen goes black and dumps me onto my home screen. every time. and i tried a different rom to make sure. anyone else having this problem?

When Yongzh fixes these bugz he will have best game app out there. We need to find a way to give him feedback.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten Megaman Zero to work on Gameboid? The intro is a bit glitchy - some graphics load and some don't - and then when you're supposed to start playing it just dumps you to a black screen where all you can see is the health meter and nothing else. Is it just a game that doesn't work, or is there anything I can do?

Otherwise it's a great app, and I've had fun with Link to the Past even though I should really remap the buttons. :)

Upvote 0
I think we should compile a list of games that Do and dont work on the First post. With a link to a wiki of the game or something and also color coded and later maybe even catergorize them by phone aswell.

Green = Fully working runs at great speed
Yellow= Partially working (excessive lag, random crashes, bad sound quality)/(resolution to problem if there is one)
Red= Doesn't start at all or cant get past title screen

So far the games that dont work for me are
This will not only be useful to users here but the developer aswell.

I'll just make a whole new thread.

Upvote 0
I think we should compile a list of games that Do and dont work on the First post. With a link to a wiki of the game or something and also color coded and later maybe even catergorize them by phone aswell.

Green = Fully working runs at great speed
Yellow= Partially working (excessive lag, random crashes, bad sound quality)/(resolution to problem if there is one)
Red= Doesn't start at all or cant get past title screen

So far the games that dont work for me are
This will not only be useful to users here but the developer aswell.

I'll just make a whole new thread.
yeah good call.

Upvote 0
Any GBA_BIOS.bin should work right? Because I have one on my SD card but whenever I select it in Gameboid, it just says "Loading Bios failed" and tells to browse for a bios. Any idea why?

Just because you have it on your phone doesn't mean that gameboid actually accessed it... you need to browse your sd card and load the bios file through gameboid... if you already did this, and it still didn't work, the file is probably no good, and you'll need to find a different one that actually works...

I also wondered if anyone has tried to link the gameboid with other emulators, or gameboys... someone asked earlier, and I never saw a response

Upvote 0
Just because you have it on your phone doesn't mean that gameboid actually accessed it... you need to browse your sd card and load the bios file through gameboid... if you already did this, and it still didn't work, the file is probably no good, and you'll need to find a different one that actually works...
I've tried 4 different bios's now and none of them work :mad:

Step by step this is what I have been doing:

-Open Gameboid
-It tells me to either download or browse for a bios file
-I click on browse
-I go to the folder I have my bios and roms in
-It says "No files in this folder"

Have I done anything wrong?

Upvote 0
Hey guys, i downloaded the bios just fine and got it loaded up. I tried to download roms and some said error. I then got a few to download and when i went to load Roms it didn't work. The ones that dowloaded say load rom failed. what can i do. I have astro and linda, but i don't know if i need anything else.

Max

I just got one of the games to work but it seems it is only from one of the websites, so if you have any advice to get the other sites to work that would be great I also only have the lite version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones