• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid (GBA Emulator)

hi guys
great emulator !
i have a strange problem with my Motorola CLIQ when i am pressing upper-left and down-right on the d-pad, up-left and down-left acts like pressing A or B buttons ... A is on the P key and B on O key ( azerty ) ... any suggestions ?
i am alone with that kinds of problems ?
c ya

Upvote 0
I've tried 4 different bios's now and none of them work :mad:

Step by step this is what I have been doing:

-Open Gameboid
-It tells me to either download or browse for a bios file
-I click on browse
-I go to the folder I have my bios and roms in
-It says "No files in this folder"

Have I done anything wrong?

Hello. I experienced the same problem. I even used a bios that actually works on a PSP emulator. When I click on the gba_bios.bin, i get the "bios" window "you must specify bla bla bla..."
I'm using a Motorola Milestone (euro version of droid). Any one can help ?

Upvote 0
I've tried 4 different bios's now and none of them work :mad:

Step by step this is what I have been doing:

-Open Gameboid
-It tells me to either download or browse for a bios file
-I click on browse
-I go to the folder I have my bios and roms in
-It says "No files in this folder"

Have I done anything wrong?

Make sure you're unmounting your phone from your computer before accessing the sd card. I sat trying to load the bios for a good half hour before realising my phone was still connected and nothing on the sd card would show up.

Anyways, I've tried numerous gta roms, all crashed before gameplay.
I've tried mario tennis, that kinda just loops from the menu to the begining again.
I've tried mario cart, that works fine.

Anyone know of a list of roms that actually work with it?

Upvote 0
Hi guys, sorry if this is like, a major bump or something, but I have a quick question and you seem like you'd know, all having the app and all. I only got my HTC Hero yesterday (or T-Mobile G2 Touch if you want to be all market-y), so be gentle xD.

Does the application have multi-touch? I know GBCoid doesn't (yet at least, hoping he'll update it P:), but does Gameboid? Thanks a load.

Upvote 0
hm, gameboid crashes nearly instantly with me. It works normal for 3-4s, but then it just hangs, and I have to take out my battery to get out of it.

The lite version has the same problem.
I'm using an Acer Liquid with a custom rom(but every other app is working fine).

I'm having the exact same problem, but it's only just started after upgrading to the latest official ROM (EMEA_GEN1 OS 2.000.16). At first I thought it just happened when I tried to run a game, but it even freezes just looking at the settings menu. The whole phone hangs, and the only way to sort it is to take the battery out.

A fix would be nice. I was using the free version, that might just convince me to upgrade ;)

Upvote 0
I just had my phone crap out (it fell and now the screen wont light up). I was wondering since i will have to get a replacement phone, am i going to be able to play my saved game on this new phone. I saved it both in game(which doesnt seem to load, but tells me that im overwriting a saved game) and to the app itself (pressing menu, save, slot 1). I will have the same sd card and im aware that i might have to reinstall the app. I just dont want to lose all the hard work i put into Pokemon :'( Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Also is there a way i can take it and play the saved game on my computer while i wait for my phone, then switch it back?

Upvote 0
(Windows)If anyone is having a problem with bios try this.(warning: I am not responsible for any damages to phone or computer you are doing this at your own risk and I do not support piracy.)
1: In the folder that has the "bios" file click "tools" on the tool bar.
2: Click "Folder Options..."
3: Click "View" tab
4: Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
5: Click Apply and then ok.
6: Right click "Bios" and rename it to "gba_bios.bin" after that press enter.
7: (optional) go back to tools>folder options>view>check hide known file extensions>apply>ok.
8: put the "gba_bios" on your phone and try it.

Upvote 0
Yongzh is a man of his word. He promissed us a GBA emulator, and in a timely fassion he has delivered.

$3.99 for this app. and just like all his others it works flawlessly (after the update this morning)

The only thing diffrent about this app, is that you need a GBA Bios, like you would with a GBA Emu on a PC. You have to load the bios, then you can load the roms.

Sound works great, as does the frame rate even with sound.

I have tried the following roms, all work perfect.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Tactics Orge: The knight of the Lotus
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Happy playing

- Fro -

Having problems.
I've got everything downloaded, I can see the gba_bios.bin file on my sd card root, but when I click it...open...complete action using GameBoid...Load BIOS failed. The BIOS file must be specified in settings.
I'm stuck here!
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I do next?
Thanks for any help.

I got it working and it rocks!

Upvote 0
Check your key configuration in Settings. You will probably need to change the default A/B/Turbo/Left/Right buttons

where do i find this setting? /does anyone know if this works on a devour? because when i load the game (pokemon) there aren't any buttons for me to press...

so i found out the the buttons( a, b, and d pad are all keys on my phone, how do i change to touch screen?) if possible..

Upvote 0
where do i find this setting? /does anyone know if this works on a devour? because when i load the game (pokemon) there aren't any buttons for me to press...

so i found out the the buttons( a, b, and d pad are all keys on my phone, how do i change to touch screen?) if possible..

It's in the settings under input after you open GameBoid. I have to use hard keys tho, because the touch screen on my droid is impossibly quirky on it for some reason.

Upvote 0
Having problems.
I've got everything downloaded, I can see the gba_bios.bin file on my sd card root, but when I click it...open...complete action using GameBoid...Load BIOS failed. The BIOS file must be specified in settings.
I'm stuck here!
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what I do next?
Thanks for any help.

I got it working and it rocks!

How'd you figure out the BIOS file, i'm struggling with the same problem :(

Upvote 0
Ok so I got about 3/4 of the way through this thread and finally gave up looking for my problem... I have the bio.bin file and I can find it is the settings of the gameboid app. But I cannot find the roms for the life of me! They end in extension .GBA correct? And you put em in the same file folder as the bio.bin? If so, I need help... Please and Thank you :)

Upvote 0
I m trying to get my Gbcoid to work. I wondered if someone maybe able to help me with a few questions.

- DO I use gba_bios.bin for gbcoid or do I need another one?

- DO I have to unzip the games when I get them ?

Atm I load up gbcoid and it has the sd card directory and every time I pick a Rom, it says "load rom failed"

if anyone can help that would be appreciated

Upvote 0
Few Questions to ask about this app

-Where do you buy the full version of gba emulator? when i am playing my game and the app prompts me to buy the full version , i clicked it and it always say there are no search results

-I have been playing pokemon emerald in gba emulator , is it possible to put cheats inside the emulator or any cheat device like gameshark all these? im too lazy to train my pokemon ><

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones