1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameboid sound issues

Last Updated:

1. Prime_Phoenix

Prime_Phoenix New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there, I posted this in the HTC Hero section however I haven't had any responses so I aplogise in advance if I have annoyed anyone.

I have had my Hero for about three weeks now and I love it! However I have Gameboid lite on my phone and while it is fine for some games like Aria of Sorrow, when I tried to play Final Fantasy VI on it I got a buzzing noise in the background, it was far too irritating to play on and music is pretty important to me in games so I dont want to just turn it off.
    I checked the compatability chart and this one was marked as green so is it just a problem with the Hero itself or just me? I did try a few other games and had the same issue, like Fire Emblem and Mario & Luigi. Anyone else have this problem with the same games or any others? Are their any solutions?

Advertisement
  2. Fro

Fro Active Member

try downloading your roms from a different site.

3. Prime_Phoenix

I tried that but had the same problems with all the different ROMs. Thanks though. Still looking for my solution :(

4. fatesblade

fatesblade New Member

I'm also having issues, regardless of what game it is or where I download it from. LG Ally.

5. fatesblade

fatesblade New Member

Set max frame skip to 10, which might have helped a bit. Still not GBA quality sound tho.

6. Prime_Phoenix

Haha wow I saw the topic and thought that someone else had the same issues as I had a few months ago. I was about to post and say it was because the phone wasn't powerful enough to run the emulator smoothly. Then I saw the original poster. Whoops!

7. Jotamide

Jotamide Member

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?