Gamefly

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

My previous experience with Gamefly wasn't very good. Their service was basically very slow and it took like 1+ weeks (normally 1 1/2 weeks) for a turn around when Netflix would take 3 days MAX. I am going to be getting an Xbox 360 again and was wondering if they have improved their service.

If there's perhaps another way of renting games or perhaps a cheap way to purchase a full game and sell it for a good return... let me know!

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

GameFly has improved their service but the closer you are to one of their shipping centers the better off you are. For example, I'm in NY and the closest center is in Pittsburgh. I typically get my rentals within 2-3 days.

Either way, there is no better rental service available at the moment.

3. dmp316

dmp316 Well-Known Member

i must say the gamefly has imporved their service and it is awesome. 3 days max is the turn around like you said. Never had an issue with them, i just love them

4. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I live in Boston and the nearest is in pittsburgh, on average I would get game 8 days after sending it out. one thing that bugged me about their service is that you almot get punished for using the queue system. if I loaded up my queue and organized it with how I wanted the games to come in 9/10 times I got a game much further down on the list because it was available now instead of medium availability. But if I just added the games 1 at a time for whatever I wanted at the time I got low availility game no issue. this in conjunction with the slow turn around times caused me to cancel the service.

funny story after getting games that were 20 someodd spots down my queue I sent a letter of complaint in with a video game return, I got a reply 2 days later but their system didnt even show that the game had been received. I sent the letter to the shipping/receiving center too. (wasnt expecting any sort of reply I jsut wanted to get a rant off to them) 1 day after receiving the reply my queue showed a game received, 1 day later they sent out a new game about 4 or 5 days later I got another game that was way at the bottom of my list.

5. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

sounds sweet but just a little too pricey for me!

6. NYCHitman1

I sent a game back to them on 11/10/2010 and they hadn't still received it so I just reported a shipping problem and it was taken care of. They shipped out the next game on my Q the following day. Just like you said though, it was a game that was a bit further down my list which was "Available Now" but not Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which was #1 on my list but ranked as "Low" availability.

7. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

yeah, gamefly takes about 3-4 days to get to Yonkers, NY. it saves me a ton of money on games that I would have bought but decided to rent (and it turned out that the game sucks). So I dont mind waiting

8. NYCHitman1

If anyone is looking to start up a subscription, let me know. I can refer you and you'll get a free month.

9. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I wonder... if I was a previous member... would it work for me?

10. NYCHitman1

I believe it is for new subscribers only :(

11. nyydynasty

cancel your sub and rejoin :)

12. NYCHitman1

By new subscribers, I meant brand new accounts.

13. nyydynasty

:/ oh well....i tried lol