1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameloft BOGO $%^&ed!!!

Last Updated:

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Tried unsuccessfully to get UNO for $4.99 and Let's Golf for Free. Never got to the Let's Golf dl - and probably will get double or triple billed for Uno because their site isn't exactly the easiest to navigate. Emailed them a couple days ago - still no answer.

Advertisement
  2. UnlistedVector

UnlistedVector Member

I can't add any insight. But I can report that I personally didn't have any trouble.

I got N.O.V.A. (ie, uninspired HALO clone) (I'm still not sure why I bought it, except maybe wishful thinking)
    and Let's Golf (yes, I know: Hot Shots Golf clone).
    At any rate, it worked for me.

I got them via the phone itself (as opposed to via my PC).
    After I paid for NOVA, I got the confirmation page which (if I remember correctly) actually said: "Thanks for buying, now go choose the game you'd like to get for free."

BTW, this was last Friday (11/26). I assumed since they called it a "Black Friday Sale", it would be for that day only.

Good luck. Hope you get everything resolved.

(sorry for all the brackets!)

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This is the main reason why I am boycotting Gameloft. If they won't sell their apps via market like all the other developers out there, then I don't want to give them my business. Plus their DRM policy is ridiculous. You buy a game, wipe your phone, and have to buy it again!? I don't think so..

4. griswolds53

griswolds53 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that you have to go to the WAP browser using your phone. You can not get teh bogo by using your computer. I read that on some UK websited. sucks for the fascinate owners...becuase they give you a "nothing is compatable for your phone" message from the phone browser.

5. userno69

userno69 Member

Gameloft employs a dedicated team of professionals that are tasked with the sole job of profit minimization.

At every turn, they put obstacles to purchasing games from them. From using a white list for carriers AND phones (leaving out some carriers altogether, and blocking phones that are perfectly capable of playing their games), not using the App Market, rejecting valid credit card information, and a whole slew of other tactics aimed at throwing up barriers for any consumer who wants to buy their products.

6. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member

IMO Gameloft rocks! If you follow them on Twitter, you can get free stuff from them through Christmas. Today they are giving away Dungeon Hunter, which I downloaded for free this morning! :cool:

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

While its a PITA to not have their stuff in market, their stuff is really enjoyable and having to go thru all their hoops for me is still worth it to get the games they offer. Im hooked on Lets Golf 2

8. mrholder

mrholder Member

I wasn't able to download it even though my phone is listed HTC Desire CDMA (Bravo C). It says my phone isn't recognized after I click on the link in the text message. When I manually enter my phone, it shows Dungeon Hunter HD as being $4.99. Anyone else having this problem today?

9. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

If your have a Samsung Fascinate, here is how you download the file.

Browse to the site and it will say not available for your model:mad:, click the on the "Your model is :SCH-i500 Galaxy S", It will bring up a screen to select your manufacturer. selected Samsung, then select Samsung GT - i9000 Galaxy S, Download the file.:D

P.S. You will probably want to to do this over wifi, because after you install the apk, the game will want to connect to their site to download additional files.

10. Pushwall

Pushwall Well-Known Member

Also try this link suggested by GameLoft.

11. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

OK all - obstacle course - completed. Decided (per post #2 I think) to call. Sat on hold for close to (if not longer than) an hour. I was off today - so I was just chillin. Guy was good - couldn't check to see if there were any erroneous charges - he said to call back if I do, and they would handle. Offered me Let's Golf, or Let's Golf 2 (I figured, with as long as I was on hold - Let's Golf 3 is probably due out soon). Sent me the link - downloaded - working fine. I much prefer the market.