• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameloft Game Reviews

Gameloft seems clueless. Why not sell all of the games on the Android market? They are losing thousands of sales, all due to their stubborn distribution model. Gameloft could be a key driver for commercial game apps and have good games to back it up.

I hope Gameloft execs get a clue (at some point). Unless they like making a lot less money. The amount they lose from an Android market royalty, is an absolute fraction of the revenue they lose not selling in the market.

Upvote 0
Some games when purchased, only download a small installer. When installed, the installer wants to download a huge file that is the whole game. Usually this file is large enough that the seller prefers you do this over wifi and not cell due to speed and reliability to download a large file. If the game is like 100mb, you probably want to do it via wifi not 3G. This is probably what the game is asking for.

Upvote 0
Which ones have gone on sale? I keep forgetting to look. Last time I checked it was Uno, and today it is Assassin's Creed.
They've announced most all the ones on sale each day by way of Twitter.

I just noticed Twitter didn't list all of them, so I compiled a list so far....

March 01 - Asphalt 5 HD
March 02 - Uno HD
March 03 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction HD
March 04 - Let's Golf 2 HD
March 05 - GT Racing: Motor Academy HD
March 06 - Dungeon Master HD
March 07 - 2011 Real Soccer HD
March 08 - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X HD
March 09 - Assassin's Creed HD
March 10 - Hero of Sparta HD
March 11 - Shrek Kart HD
March 12 - N.O.V.A. HD
March 13 - Modern Combat Sandstorm HD
March 14 - Avatar HD
March 15 - Oregon Trail HD

Unbelievable that they have offered each one for ony $0.99!! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones