1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameloft titles

Last Updated:

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just curious which Gameloft titles people own or have tried, and what their take on them is. I'd also like to know what devices you are running them on (although I guess your pot would indicate that under your name...) and what problems, if any, that you have encountered (bugs, force closes, etc.).

I have the bought Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and Dungeon Hunter, and here are my thoughts on them.

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
    Plane graphics are awesome, and the game play is pretty cool. Basically just a scaced down version of the PC/Console game. 13 missions give you a fair amount of gameplay and you can fly over 20 different planes and upgrade their weapon loads which is pretty cool. Gameloft LIVE and the achievement system make the game fun to play time and time again. I also like using the Accelerometer with this game too, and it works like a charm.

I have not run into any bugs or anything of the sort with this game.

Dungeon Hunter
    Graphically the best RPG on the market (at least until Pocket Legends comes out, but even with that the two different styles will make them unique). Quite a few quests to do, hundreds of armor upgrades and ways to customize your characters. Gameplay is pretty smooth as well. The storyline and conversations get kind of cheesy at times, but overall a decent game.

I encountered one part of the game causing a force close every time. At the end you defeat the last boss and there is a portal you are supposed to take after. This portal alone causes force closures every single time.

Anyone have any of the other titles? How is the online multiplayer for those that have it (such as Modern Combat and NOVA)?

Advertisement
  2. ogrenator

ogrenator Well-Known Member

I also have dungeon hunter and agree with you but haven't gotten to the end so I haven't gotten that bug....I do have both nova and sandstorm and both are fun and really good online

3. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

I've tried several, they seem like decent ports for the most part, but alas i'm tied to my boycott of them until they put the apps in the marketplace where they belong!

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea... that and why do they have to charge it to your phone bill? Why not take PayPal or something... hell, Google checkout even.

5. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Well-Known Member

I bought Gangstar because I'm a big fan of the GTA series of games...

It's pretty good, but to be honest I lost interest in it after a while. It just seemed rather one dimensional, and the missions seemed like they didn't have a lot of variety (either go bust a cap in some guy's ass or street racing). Putting this type of game on a phone is a tall order to say the least, given how huge the environments are in the GTA games.

That said, I am tempted by NOVA... really been looking forward to a 3D shooter and they offer a free test drive before you buy it...

6. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Th graphics looks awesome, but if the controls are anything like Modern Combat not sure I'd like it.

7. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

On my Evo I have Let's Golf and Dungeon Hunter. Both are pretty solid. Good graphics.

8. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

I tried Let's Golf and I like it, but I wish it was a little more challenging. The controls make it too easy to get a perfect swing.