Games & EmulatorsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. entropy26

entropy26 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My roommate has an iPhone 3GS and while I'm a huge advocate of Android and will continue to use it in future phones you really can't deny that they have a much better gaming market. Of course they've been around far longer than Android and have way more developers but Android does have one leg up and that's the awesome emulators!

I tried the NES emulator once and didn't have much luck with it... I'd be willing to pay for the full app if I knew it would run well on my phone. I just wanted to know if anybody has the app and if it runs smooth on their eris? I know we don't exactly have the power/speed of the droid or incredible or anything... Also, how do the games play? I remember before having problems with multi touch controls... Anyone using these emulators with success?

Advertisement
  2. shante1012

shante1012 Well-Known Member

yes i have nes,snes and gensoid and the games run fine on my eris. it might just be the roms you have.

3. false_apology

false_apology Well-Known Member

I have the demo version of Nesoid and SNesoid and they seem to work fine on the Eris, as far as framerate go. However, the onscreen controls are so-so... the buttons are small and though there is multi-touch implemented, it does not work as flawlessly as on the iPhone (if you jailbreak there are emulators for iPhone OS.) I heard some rumors that there may be a way to use a WiiMote as a bluetooth controller, that would make the experience much more enjoyable.