1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Games for a 12 year old girl ??

1. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

What would be suitable games for a 12 year old girl.

I want to get my granddaughter a 7" tablet that is rooted and Google Playstore enabled. I was wondering what games I could put on there which are appropriate for her age. I play no games at all and am therefore a bit at a loss.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Moved to Android Games section. A couple of appropriate games for her would be Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, and Where's My Water. Those are some good games as well as Tetris. :)
    whs37 likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there,

If your comfortable with the girl searching for games on her own. What you could do, open the market, tap the menu button>settings>content filtering. Shots attached below :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DS
    bothersomeaunt, shelliewnj and whs37 like this.
  4. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but the girl will be in Europe and they have no internet at the house. And she is too young to venture to McDo on her own which is 10 miles away - and I am not even sure whether McDo there has a WiFi. In the village she lives there is nothing. So I have to set everything up from here.
  5. Metroid Prime

I'm pretty sure every Mc Donalds has WIFI, but we know what you mean. Hope we were of assistance and if I, or another staffer have any more games to suggest we'll let you know. :)
    whs37 likes this.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Well, you can stick to games by certain developers. You can search for them as well. Games by Disney and Rovio are pretty much OK for children. Then simple running games like Temple Run or Subway Surfers would be ok as well IMO. ZeptoLab games are ok for kids as well.
    whs37 likes this.
  7. Metroid Prime

Yeah, Zepto Lab is good. Another game I remembered was world of goo. That's a good one.
    whs37 likes this.
  8. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member

Guess what? The one in my city doesn't :p

On topic:

Perhaps Diamond Dash or Pumpkins vs Monsters....

Also have in mind that even tho 12 year old is young you can't limit her to some kiddie games, or puzzle games... Ever considered actually asking her what she likes (if you want to keep present a secret tell her you are just interested, she is your granddaughter after all, as far as she knows you might be planning her next Christmas present)
    whs37 likes this.
  9. Metroid Prime

You can also try Minecraft pocket edition too. It's a very fun game and in my opinion, a game for all ages. It also makes them create and be creative too. :) Love that game.
    whs37 likes this.
  10. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

A few of my all time favorites

Airport City
    Jewels Link
    Baseball Superstars (any in the series)

All suited for the younger crowd.

DS
    whs37 likes this.
  11. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, you have been great with all the advice. I think I have more games now than will fit on the 32GB SD card, LOL.
    akutasame94 likes this.
  12. Metroid Prime

Glad we could help. :)
  13. Fireflies

Fireflies Well-Known Member

1. Where's my water?

2. Where's my Perry?

These 2 games are from Disney and they are by far the most creative, cute and addicting games I've ever purchased on the play store. The graphics are excellent and they only take up about 50mb of space each.

P.S. my 11 year old cousin love these 2 games! And so do I!
    whs37 likes this.
  14. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member

I think that it would be ok if those games were even bigger, 32Gb SD card...

Anyway, few more recommendations...

Little Things
    whs37 likes this.
  15. FoxyDrew

FoxyDrew Well-Known Member

Isnt there a kids section???
  16. Metroid Prime

No, but there are filters and settings you can set on the Google Play store. :)
  17. viv1610

viv1610 Member

I also recommend Enchanted Realm and The Tribez, My daughter and I sometimes argue over who gets to play the Tribez game on my tablet. I am thinking about letting her play the version I have installed on my old phone(since I couldn't move it over to my tablet), then maybe she will leave mine alone. lol

Those 2 games have goals/quests you must do in order to progress in the games. I find them pretty absorbing to play. :D
    whs37 likes this.