Games for HTC Hero

1. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Well, me again lol.

I got the HTC Hero like 2 or 3 weeks ago on Orange UK, got android 2.1.

I didn't really get this phone for the games but it would be icing on the cake for me so...does anyone know some good high end games for htc hero. I mean looking at the market I've pretty much been seeing strategy and puzzle games on the top list but im looking for something like a fps or racing game(apart from racing thunder series) with decent graphics. I'd really appreciate it if you could suggest some for me.

Thanks to anyone that helps, in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. walkinhotdog

walkinhotdog Well-Known Member

Hm fps or racing type games. I can only suggest a couple then. These two can get pretty difficult

Speedx 3d-Use accelerometer to avoid objects as you move quickly thru tunnels/flat plane/etc, nice graphics

My Paper Airplane 2-Use accelerometer to guide your paper plane to collect stars and avoid buildings/trees/etc, graphics are good
  3. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

thanks, I appreciate it, but it doesnt really necessarily have to be racing or fps, pretty much want some 3d face paced games. Just to burn time in a non-boring way xD

Thanks again
  4. walkinhotdog

Do you mind if their paid or not? Most of the good games i have are all paid
  5. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

gah, Idk why but where I am atm(sorry, it's a bit personal xD) doesnt have the paying part of the app store...in other words, I cant buy things from app store, can only get the free stuff so...yea, has to be free.
  6. walkinhotdog

Ok then ill just suggest the few free games i play, hopefully you can at least get the lite version

abduction-like doodlejump but no shooting and has powerups (can be good or bad), cute too lol

bonsai blast-shoot same colored balls so they are in 3s or more, great graphics

flight director lite/air control lite-draw routes to land planes without crashing them, gets crazy after a while

hyperjump lite-tilt phone to make your little guy collect coins/powerups in order to get higher, very nice graphics

labyrinth lite-tilt phone to move ball thru a maze without falling into holes, good graphics

my paper plane 2 lite-explained already

shoot u lite-like ragdoll blaster or whatever its called, shoot a guy to hit a ball, might have to use your brain xD

sky force lite-move your shooting ship with trackball or touch, very nice graphics

trap!-draw lines to separate/enclose balls, there are special bonuses, sounds dumb but its fun

hope this helps
    Peji likes this.
  7. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, at least if I've gotta wait for something, got some stuff to kill time with. I guess the hero doesnt really have too many 3d games that are good and free.
  8. Peji

Peji Well-Known Member

Also, are there any sport games? Like Fifa or something?
  9. walkinhotdog

I havent been able to try that many yet, since a lot of the soccer and football ones have on screen nintendo-like controls, which seems hard to use when your trying to make quick plays. I read that most table tennis games arent too good. Lets golf doesnt fit our hero screen. However i can recommend Homerun Battle 3D (there is a free version), its basically using your accelerometer to place your hits, all you do is hit the ball, rly nice graphics. Also, baseball superstars 2010 (there is a free version) is also good, controls are done with on screen nintendo-like controls, you pitch/hit/etc, more interactive, but i think it is rly hard on battery
  10. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

These are the games I have on my Hero. Some are paid some are free, but I've tried many games on the Hero and these ones all work the best and are damned good games. It's left me with 21mb free on my phone for other games (also got some apps stored)

Galcon
    Number Cruncher
    Drop 7
    WordPops
    Tiki Towers
    Totemo
    Buka
    Hyper Jump
    Shoko Rocket
    Overkill (just a beta at the moment)
    Retro Defence
    Robo Defence
    Zenonia
    Trap!
    Graviturn
    Pobs
    Antigen

Would recommend them all :)
    shadders139 likes this.
  11. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Android games have not developed like iPhoney games I thinks its due to the different graphical acceleration and rendering used, OpenGl blah blah, I dont understand the technical differences, but I believe this is why
  12. mattdanielc

nope...won't work for me ^^
  13. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Well works for me just fine :) , I installed it fastwebinstaller + appbrain ( Angry Birds Lite Beta - Android app on AppBrain ) (Meaning you dont go to the market where its probably missing, not using the market link, BUT you install it with the fast web installer)

has to be run several times to actually go beyond the welcome screen and it has 11 MB

some screenies from hero so you believe me :p as you can see its made for bigger resolutions but the game works just fine :)
    [​IMG]
    Xyro likes this.
  14. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Got it working here too, but I went for the appbrain method too.

It's fun :)
  15. walkinhotdog

I had to download a apk of it since i couldnt find it on the market. Works ok on 2.1. Some levels are a bit laggy and needs to let it settle for a bit before playing. Screen resolution is a bit off (some menus), gameplay is fine. But you can still navigate thru everything. Hows it running for you guys on 2.2? Tried overclocking higher too but it doesnt help too much
  16. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

It's smooth on 2.2, the benchmarking for 2.2 is about 4.8Mflops for me as opposed to 2.4Mflops on 2.1. This might account for the games performance
  17. shadders139

shadders139 Well-Known Member

i tried out WordPops on your recommendation because i like word games, and i think its great- so addictive! :)
  18. mattdanielc

glad to have helped :)

Love the game - what's your high score at the moment mate??
  19. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Winds of steel is a paid game, but great for showing off, nice 3D flight shootem up
  20. shadders139

its 15530 at the moment, and I dont know if thats a high or low score but i'm hooked now so definitely gonna try and beat it haha! yours? :)
  21. mattdanielc

jesus... I've had the game for months and my highest score is 11,000.... lol
  22. shadders139

haha, beginners luck i guess ;)
  23. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Solitaire, Coloroid and Moron Test are my favs :)