Games not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. cavaughan

cavaughan New Member This Topic's Starter

Recently, my N1 seemed to have an issue with the SD card. So, I removed it and set it back in. After that the phone was working fine, but I soon realized all my personal ringtones were gone. That led me to look at the files on the SD card and I discovered a lot of music was gone. As odd as that was, I figured it didn't really matter as the phone was otherwise working.
    Then I later discovered that a number of games that were on the SD card, mind you not all of them, were not working. They would just come up with a blank screen. So, thinking the two issues were interrelated, I uninstalled the misbehaving apps and installed again. Still didn't work. So again I uninstalled, and this time I looked for any directories related to those games, deleted them and then installed the games again. Still not working.
    So, I'm wondering whether there's something I can do to fix this issue? Do I have to completely reset the phone? Surely there's an easier method.

BTW, I have never rooted my phone! The games in question were something like: PapaStacker (Lite), Tumbler (Lite), and Gem Miner. These were games my daughter would play so I actually don't remember their exact names.

Also, Mobile Andrio now doesn't work right. He keeps running left all the time. But then I see a lot of complaints about controls for this game, so maybe this is unrelated.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Advertisement
  2. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

Were you by any chance using it as a USB device and transferring files? Did you forget to safely disconnect? Or did SD card all of a sudden stop working?

I recently bought a Mac for school, I was so used to just unplugging my stuff from a PC without actually safely disconnecting any devices, but the one time I did that on the Mac, my card got completely messed up. I couldn't access music, pictures or any other saved files. Thankfully for me, I plugged it back into the Mac, safely removed it, then disconnected it and everything was back to normal.

3. cavaughan

cavaughan New Member This Topic's Starter

No, I don't use it as a USB device. There doesn't seem to be any reason too. But thanks for the advice.
    Actually, yesterday again it was misbehaving. After a reboot, even most of the widgets wouldn't work. The ringtones were default. Everything was wacked. But I rebooted it again and everything was fine. Well, that is except for the fact that the "games" still don't work.
    Strange.....

4. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Weird. If something went wrong with your SD card, you can try backing all your files up on yuor pc and format the card. Either from your phone or from the PC, but I don't know if this problem would actually be specifically SD card related..